Strand Hospitality ServicesWith headquarters shared between Charlotte and Myrtle Beach, Strand also has operations in Atlanta. Founded more than 40 years ago, the company began as a developer/owner of full-service Holiday Inns, gradually moving into third-party management. Today with nearly 40 hotels in its management portfolio, the company is one of the few major operators that focuses entirely on third-party management. Strand specializes in the two to four-star hotel segments and is approved to operate hotels under all the leading hotel brand families, including Marriott, Hilton, Starwood, Wyndham, Choice and InterContinental Hotel Group.
Strand Hospitality Services is recruiting an energetic and motivated Director of Sales to join our team at the Courtyard Columbus West in Columbus OH. As the Director of Sales you will play a key role in the success of the hotel. This position will solicit, negotiate and book new and repeat business through inside and outside sales calls, telemarketing, networking, etc while maximizing room revenue and function space to meet/exceed budgeted revenue goals.
The Director of Sales:
- Assists with development of the hotel's marketing and sales plan based on the hotel's position and strengths within each market segment
- Implements the hotel's marketing and sales plan.
- Analyzes and understands the competition's strengths and weaknesses for each market segment and successfully directs marketing activities against each.
- Identifies and maintains constant communications with the hotel's key accounts.
- Establishes lists of top accounts and top target accounts. Maintains communication with these accounts on a monthly basis.
- Actively sells room nights through outside sales calls, tours, etc.
- Actively markets the hotel through advertising, blitzes, etc.
- Actively sells to in-house guests (greeting tours, talking with guests at continental breakfast to solicit additional leads, etc.).
- Knows the competition well. In addition, is familiar with all business in the market, where that business stays and why.
- Supports guest service as the hotel's driving philosophy.
- Minimum 3 years of Sales experience
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Provides excellent follow-up
- Has reliable transportation
- A proven track of developing and retaining clients
- Ability to develop, influence and close contracts
- Strong leadership qualities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work weekends and evenings when required