Aparium Hotel Group is looking for a Director of Sales to lead the Sales function of the Pontchartrain Hotel.
The Pontchartrain is a quintessential neighborhood establishment in the Garden District of New Orleans. The rich history of old French New Orleans is reflected throughout the hotel in its architecture, design and service.
The hotel has been thoughtfully restored to maintain a historic feel while imparting a sense of modern comfort and style throughout the 106 rooms and suites that will reflect the unique personality of today’s New Orleans and the Garden District.
In partnership with The Besh Group, the Caribbean Room, the Bayou Bar and the Silver Whistle coffee shop will all reopen. A rooftop bar is being developed on the hotel’s penthouse level.
Managed by Aparium Hotel Group, the hotel experience is driven by the brand pillars of translocal hospitality, collaboration and intuitive service. The powerful culmination of these elements creates a truly unique environment.
Aparium’s service culture is rooted in the belief that art and science are necessary to curate the guest experience. The art of the experience comes together through the power of people, place and character. The science is embedded throughout our standards and training resources. This creates a powerful service experience that enhances every guest interaction.
In this role, the Director of Sales will lead sales planning such as prospecting and seeking business for the hotel, as well as networking and connecting with influencers in the community.
Ready to find out more?
- Completion of four year college degree preferred
- Five years relevant sales experience
- Proficiency of Excel, Word, Outlook
- Anticipate and deliver exceptional service consistently
- Intuitively service each guest, associate, visitor or client
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a focus on the details
- Follow instinct and use her/his best judgment to create experiences for guests that are thoughtful and genuine
- Greet each guest promptly, courteously, graciously with eye contact, a smile and good posture
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times to reflect the high standards of the hotel
- Maintain a good working relationship with other associates by promoting teamwork and fostering a harmonious working climate
- Partake in a positive work ethic and surrounding environment
- Standard hotel setting
- Execute sales activities to achieve budgeted goals
- Assist in the annual budgeting plan
- Analyze business to ensure booking guidelines and parameters for proper function space to guestroom ratio is appropriate for hotel’s best interests
- Aggressively build and maintain professional and active relationships with clients, parties and convention bureau managers recognizing these key sources as lead generators
- Negotiate with clients and achieve maximum revenue/profit potential while satisfying clients’ needs
- Communicate effectively with hotel stakeholders to ensure client’s needs and expectations are satisfied
- Maintain files by proper and expedient client dialogue documentation, adherence to trace dates and maintaining files on active trace
- Support and plan special sales activities, promotions and client events
- Problem solve with other departments as needed to book business into the hotel
- Prepare resumes for groups prior to group arrival
- Lead resume review meetings with applicable departments
- Conduct pre- and post-conference meetings as appropriate
- Enlist senior management and leverage relationships to interact with tentative or prospective clients in order to book business
- Enhance the hotel’s community image by actively participating in associations, events, clubs and boards
- Stay ahead of hotel competition- their new developments, services and amenities, to ensure competitive knowledge and strategy are current
- Assume active ownership of assigned sales territory and responds to specific market needs, initiates needed action and suggests to sales leadership any necessary actions
- Perform all responsibilities in a timely and efficient fashion, following established policy and projecting a favorable image of the hotel
- Discuss, support and innovate key service and product differentiators on an ongoing basis
- Comply with hotel standards for sales while working harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and executive committee
- Perform tasks and projects that support client schedules and sales revenue achievement such as assisting with telephone volume, walk-in site inspections, and evening and weekend appointments
- Has excellent product knowledge of hotel facilities, capacities and room dimensions as well as to have same knowledge of competitive hotels
- Plan and/or attend and/or participate in meetings with hotel associates as well as pre-convention meetings
- Highly motivated and flexible, possessing the ability to take initiative, to succeed under pressure and meet deadlines
- Incisive analytical skills, as well as excellent problem recognition and resolution skills as well as the ability to objectively communicate troublesome spots ahead to the hotel’s senior leadership
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language
- Knowledge of Sales, Reservation and Room’s distribution functions
- All other responsibilities assigned by management