Founded in 1985, First Hospitality Group, Inc. is a nationally recognized hotel management company providing management, acquisition, development and receivership services to a variety of hotels. Our portfolio includes more than 55 properties and 16 major hotel brands including Hilton, Marriott, IHG, Hyatt and Carlson. Headquartered in the Chicago area, we concentrate our business prospects in key markets in the Midwest — spanning our business in major cities across 10 states.
Our Company is dedicated to putting people first. FHG's strong and engaging culture creates a high-level experience for associates and guests alike. We look for service super stars to join our team and support our commitment to excellence.
We provide a broad based, experienced supervisory staff focused on achieving all of our goals: exceptional financial returns, well-trained and motivated associates, and superior levels of guest satisfaction.
Our outstanding track record has been achieved through an uncompromising and consistent dedication to these goals. With over half of our managed properties owned by our company and its principals, we approach our day-to-day activities with this entrepreneurial ownership perspective. The results speak for themselves.
Founded in 1985, First Hospitality Group, Inc. is a nationally recognized hotel management company providing management, acquisition, development and receivership services to a variety of hotels. Our portfolio includes more than 55 properties and 16 major hotel brands including Hilton, Marriott, IHG, Hyatt and Carlson. Headquartered in the Chicago area, we concentrate our business prospects in key markets in the Midwest – spanning our business in major cities across 10 states.
Our Company is dedicated to putting people first. FHG’s strong and engaging culture creates a high-level experience for associates and guests alike. We look for service super stars to join our team and support our commitment to excellence.
Develop and implement sales and marketing strategies for the hotel to ensure revenue and room night sales goals are achieved, sales and marketing strategies are set, tactical plans are created and implemented, and results are monitored and achieved.
At Crowne Plaza we look for people who are dynamic, confident and ambitious; people who excel in their role and help our guests succeed too.
Duties and responsibilities
* Achieve budgeted revenues and personal/team sales goals and maximize profitability. Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget, the hotel marketing plan and business plan, and financial plans.
* Create and implement sales plans that drive measurable incremental occupancy, increase average rates, increase volume, food and beverage and banquet sales.
* Review monthly reports and sales forecasts to analyze current/potential market and sales trends, coordinate activities to increase revenue and market share and monitor performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue plan.
* Create and develop special events and sales blitzes to showcase the hotel to potential clients. Attend trade shows and major market events locally and nationally to promote new business and increase sales and marketing opportunities for the hotel.
* Direct day-to-day sales activities, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict, improve team member performance, and recognize good performance.
* Educate, train and motivate sales and marketing teams to achieve hotel revenue goals. Ensure staff has the information, market data, tools and equipment to successfully carry out job duties.
* Develop and maintain relationships with key clients and outside contacts (example: guests, airliners, wholesalers, travel agencies, ad agencies, local community groups) in order to produce group and/or convention business, to include room sales, food and beverage sales, and catering/banquet services.
* Provide guests with information (example: loyalty programs, area attractions, restaurants, facility information) to enhance guest experience.
* Schedule conventions and/or business group activities at the hotel and coordinate with other hotel-level departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients.
* Communicate to appropriate departments all pertinent information requirements and special needs for arriving VIP’s, large groups, and other key guests.
* Lead marketing efforts to up sell guests on hotel services, offerings, and amenities.
* Identify operational problems that reduce the effectiveness of marketing activities and overall hotel sales performance and work with appropriate department on solutions.
* Develop awareness and reputation of the hotel and the brand in the local community, may serve as the hotel representative for media related inquiries.
* Work closely with key business leaders, officials, and representatives of local community groups within the city to ensure constant high profile exposure for the hotel.
* Effectively communicate and market aspects of the hotel that are sustainable or “green” and use information to gain new business opportunities.
* Work with advertising agencies, consulting firms, and vendors to maximize advertising investments and ensure ads represent brand identity.
* Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty.
This is the top sales and marketing job in a large, full-service, luxury, resort, or major flagship hotel. Hotel may have multiple sites and facilities, high-volume catering and/or convention facilities, and a large number of VIP and special service guests. May manage a large number of professional level and administrative sales, catering, and/or convention employees.
* A four-year college degree or equivalent experience/ education. Two years of employment in hotel sales specifically.
* Must possess communication skills in terms of the ability to negotiate, convince, sell, and influence professionals and hotel guests.
* Ability to make decisions based on established policies and procedures.
* Ability to investigate and analyze current activities or information in the sales/ marketing field and make logical conclusions and recommendations.
* Strong administrative skills, to include business writing, mathematics for basic accounting and knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
* Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds occasionally.
* Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
* Must have strong leadership skills
* Must be available to work some weekends and holidays, as necessary.
* Occasional travel required.
First Hospitality Group seeks to attract and retain a high performing and diverse workforce in which employees’ differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the diverse customers we serve. FHG fosters a diverse and inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility and fairness.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER