Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
The Director of Sales & Marketing directs all aspects of sales including analyzing and achieving strategic objectives and business growth potential for the newly renovated Fairfield Inn in Warwick. Direct staff, sales, accounting/budgeting, asset protection, inventory control and human resources. The Director of Sales directs all sales operations in alignment with the direction of the General Manager, Company, brand standards, and local, state and national regulations. Responsible for quality service, meeting/exceeding financial goals, short and long term planning and day-to-day operations. Recommends the Sales budget, marketing/business plans, capital expenditures and manages within approved plans and objectives for hotels within the designated area.
Key Skills and Abilities
- The Director of Sales & Marketing must be passionate, motivated, an innovator, an industry leader, with a successful proven track record in managing multiple properties and achieving strategic objectives and business growth potential
- Ability to unite associates in a common commitment to achieve and exceed goals
· Customer and Guest Satisfaction – As the representative of the Company and assigned hotels, professionally approach and communicate with current and prospective customers. Convey a strong belief in the hotels and confidently discuss hotel features, services and advantages
· Sales/Profitability – Knowledgeable on market, positioning of hotels, amenities and brands. Understand booking patterns, trends, high demand times, and events in the market. Research and understand demand generators, new business sources, the internet as a prospecting tool, community involvement and networking. Research competing hotels and identify sales strategies. Understand and use industry reports like Star Reports, etc. Develop effective sales strategies to counter the competition. Develop valuable business relationships that result in additional sales and new customers to capture a larger share of the local market. Aggressively pursue all appropriate opportunities for customer solicitation and relationship building. Aggressively engage in creative networking, uncovering and cold calling prospective clients to generate activity for future business. Develop, recommend, implement and manage the Sales annual budget, business/marketing plan, and objectives to meet/exceed expectations. Market the hotel and services to meet/exceed sales and financial objectives.
· Leadership – Direct all facets of sales. Keep abreast of brand standards and the competition's products and strengths to continually improve revenues and profit margins while maintaining quality. Use business/management knowledge, applications in the industry, and experiences to provide leadership, both internally and externally, to assist the General Manager in positioning the hotel as a market leader. Be a coach with a positive attitude on a daily basis. Implement, manage and comply with Company policies, practices and programs. Ensure compliance with brand standards and local, state and national regulations. Ensure optimal levels of quality service and hospitality are provided to guestsJob Requirements
- A four-year college degree in hospitality management, marketing, business or related degree or equivalent experience. Two or more years of sales leadership in multiple properties
- This position requires a substantial and successful track record in profitable sales management while maintaining integrity and professional bearing. Possess knowledge of accounting and budgeting along with the ability to compile facts/figures and analyze information that involves data manipulation or interpretation to arrive at logical conclusions
- Ability to anticipate and identify issues and exercise initiative to investigate, interpret and weigh alternatives to reach logical conclusions and make sound business decisions
- Ability to assess customer needs, understand market dynamics and prepare presentations/proposals tailored for individual customers
- Display consistent professional leadership while simultaneously handling competing and changing priorities and projects. Remain positive, resourceful and possess the ability to improvise while working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure
- Very Competitive benefit package to include medical, dental, vision, room discounts and many more
Compensation: Highly Competitive Salary