Director of Sales & Marketing
Ocean Properties Hotels, Resorts and Affiliates
Location: US - FL - Orlando
Position: Director of Sales & Marketing
Reports to: General Manager, Regional Director of Sales & Marketing
Margaritaville is a global lifestyle brand with seven destination resorts/hotels across the Southeast United States and Caribbean and eight additional locations in active development; four gaming locations; and more than 60 food and beverage locations.
Ocean Properties Hotels, Resorts, & Affiliates is one of the largest hotel management and development companies in North America. With award-winning affiliates of over 100 hotels and 17,000 guestrooms, the companies operate major brands such as Marriott, Hilton, and Intercontinental, as well as several independent hotels and resorts.
Ocean Properties Hotels, Resorts, & Affiliates has an immediate opening for a highly-motivated, enthusiastic, and detail-oriented Director of Sales & Marketing for our newly rebranded Margaritaville Resort in Key West, Florida. The Director of Sales & Marketing (DOSM) is responsible for directing, coordinating, training, and supervising the entire property sales team on a day to day basis around all sales-related activities to include direct sales efforts, proactive sales, follow-up, and proper flow from a sales administration perspective.
Detailed Description of Responsibilities:
Sales Activities & Management:
- Manages the property’s reactive and proactive sales efforts on a day to day basis
- Supervise, administer, and ensure timely completion of all Sales Department activities
- Develop a complete knowledge of company sales policies and SOPs and ensure knowledge of and adherence to those policies by the sales team
- Operate the Sales Department within the established sales expense budget.
- Conduct weekly sales meetings to review 90 day forecast and full departmental meetings as needed
- Implements the brand’s and company’s service strategy and applicable brand/company initiatives in all aspects of the sales process.
- Develop strategies to increase share from competitors, and develop strategies to cross-sell hotels within the Ocean Properties portfolio
- Understand the overall market for the hotel, competitors' strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand, etc. and know how to sell against your competition.
- Develop sales goals for Department on an annual basis and ensure incentive payments are calculated according to company policy
- Analyze market data, run reports, and analyze trends to grow sales. Ensure all corporate deadlines are satisfied relating to monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting needs
- Develop strategies for forecasting and analyzing sales/marketing needs and developing effective product responses and methods for measuring return on investment
- Prepare, develop, and execute annual Sales & Marketing plan to provide direction and specific plans of action
- Support and assist as necessary, all direct sales efforts of the sales department to include sales trips, tradeshows, off-property functions and client entertainment.
- Participate in weekly revenue strategy meeting to provide input on overall sales strategy
Marketing/ Brand Awareness:
- Develops strong partnerships with local and regional organizations to increase brand/portfolio awareness
- Develops strong community and public relations by maintaining participation in local, regional, and national tradeshows and client events
- Develop and maintain market awareness to ensure ability to predict revenue opportunities and set proactive strategies
- Develop networking opportunities through active participation in the community and professional associations
- Train, coach, counsel, and discipline all sales and catering department personnel according to company policy. Complete annual performance reviews for all associates within the department.
- Sets goals and expectations for all department personnel
- Lead by example. Develop and train department staff.
- Provide department with the tools and training resources they need to stay educated and to succeed
- Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process
- Serves as the hotel authority on sales processes and sales contracts
- Partners with Human Resources to attract, develop, and retain the right people in order to support the strategic priorities of the market
- Develop a full working knowledge of hotel operations, including Food & Beverage, Guest Services, Front Office
Qualified candidates must meet the following criteria:
- 5+ years of successful experience in proactive hotel group sales, 2+ years in a leadership role managing a team
- Demonstrated progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance
- Luxury hotel/5 diamond experience preferred
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong leadership, customer service and problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills; Delphi experience preferred
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to travel as needed (other hotels within the portfolio, regional/national tradeshows, sales calls)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Hospitality degree beneficial
1.Opening Upscale Branded Hotel 200 rooms
2.10 + Acre Water park with pools.
3.Amenities include large retail, F & B multiple inside restaurants, aquatic outlets.
5.Vacation Ownership Flag with 500+ homes
6.Club membership and external guests.
7.Major banquet space areas.
This company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law