Director of Sales & Marketing
Doubletree by Hilton Pittsburgh-Cranberry
Location: US - PA - Cranberry Township
Prospera Hospitality and the Doubletree Cranberry Hotel are currently looking to fill the position of Director of Sales and Marketing. We are looking for someone who is excited about developing a career with a dynamic, well-established, yet growing company!
The Doubletree Cranberry recently underwent a $13 million renovation featuring a state of the art Atrium, restaurant, ballroom and meeting space. At 23,000 square feet, this property boasts the 2nd largest ballroom and meeting space in Allegheny County and has the largest space in the immediate area. Selling high-end features and amenities is imperative to the success of this position and hotel.
Prospera Hospitality is based in Pittsburgh PA and operates several Full Service and Premium Select Service hotels in the Pittsburgh and surrounding area including: The renovated Doubletree Pittsburgh Downtown; The newly renovated Doubletree Cranberry, The newly renovated Crown Plaza South Hills, The NEW Hilton Garden Inn Uniontown, The NEW Hilton Garden Inn Moon Township, The NEW Fairfield Inn McCandless, The NEW Best Western Steubenville and we have recently acquired the Doubletree Monroeville and Monroeville Convention Center. This is an exciting opportunity for the right leader.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop pricing and market strategies with the General Manager and Revenue Manager, constant monitoring of competition and marketplace in general; must be prepared and able to react under fluctuating market conditions.
- Prepare and execute annual marketing plan, promotion and advertising plans covering sales, food and beverage events, hotel promotions, media relations as well as participating in multiple property campaigns.
- Design plans and materials for promotions and public relations.
- Meet or exceed pre-determined booking goals for guest room revenue; meet or exceed budgeted costs and revenue on a monthly average with the liberty to negotiate as needed on individual functions within established guidelines yet maintaining the overall revenue goals.
- Responsible for prompt handling (within the business day) of inquiry calls and monitoring the efficient flow of paperwork relative to confirming function details to the client.
- Compiles lists of prospective clients for use as sales leads based on information from newspapers, business directories and other sources.
- Solicit new and repeat guest room and meeting business. Maintain client base of key accounts and conventions. Determine the guest’s needs, space availability, and meeting details.
- Make outside sales calls and telemarket to obtain business. Also utilize site inspections and on-site luncheons to book business.
- Monitor pricing, service levels, facilities and function activities at competitive facilities to ensure the Hotel remains in a competitive position.
- Evaluate a potential piece of business for profitability and overall benefit to the Hotel.
- Have acquired knowledge with the ability to upsell clients, while promoting a level of service parallel to the luxury stature of the facility.
- Complete coordination of the Sales group functions; accurate and timely preparation of detailed Sales Contracts and Group Resumes as necessary to ensure a common quality understanding of what the client is to receive in terms of products and services. Review function contracts prior to distribution to client and hotel staff.
- Follows up on the progress of groups booked, such as room night pick up, rooming lists, cut off dates,
- Follow up on bookings and solicit repeat business.
- Represent hotel in community affairs and industry related events.
- Prepares periodic sales reports.
- Prepare weekly activity report to include all financial booking performance and personal call reports for active solicitation performed.
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Senior Sales manager or 3 years’ experience as a Director of Sales at a full service property that has at least 150 guest rooms and 5,000 square feet of meeting space. Hilton Brand a plus.
- High school graduate.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have at least 2 years’ computer experience in Microsoft Word, Excel in Windows and PowerPoint. Working knowledge of Publisher, Photoshop or Illustrator a plus.
- Must be able to type 30+ wpm.
- Prefer experience with Delphi software.
- Must possess a valid Driver's License and a clean driving record.
- Will be required to work mostly day shifts Monday - Friday with some nights and weekends depending on local and hotel functions.
- Will be required to travel to trade show and functions representing the hotel
- Social Media and Digital Media knowledge