BASIC FUNCTIONS: The Director of Sales & Marketing is responsible for coordinating and participating in the direct sales effort in the group, corporate, leisure and travel market and catering/social events. Responsible for the forecasts and budgets of the sales department.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING & WORK EXPERIENCE
- College degree with experience.
- Minimum seven years’ experience in the hospitality field. Hospitality Sales experience preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Supervisory and personnel management experience.
- Aggressive, outgoing and self-motivating individual with pleasant personality.
- Direct all facets of the group sales effort to meet or exceed budgeted revenue and department profits.
- Develop and implement the annual group marketing plan, monitoring all programs for measurement against desired results.
- Develop and manage annual group marketing budget to achieve revenue. Targets in a cost effective model.
- Create a marketing strategy toward the most lucrative market segment in the group rooms’ marketplace.
- Direct all facets of the leisure marketplace.
- Work in together with the Revenue Director to establish pricing and yield management execution to maximize rate and occupancy with varying supply and demand conditions.
- Work with the Controller in all related forecasting of revenue outlooks.
- Establish group sales goal, forecasting group room nights and group room revenues; budgeting and management of the group sales effort.
- Direct the sales and administrative effort on a day-to-day basis in accordance with objectives outlined in the Marketing Plan.
- Oversee the sales and marketing events for all catering and social business.
- Assisting, coaching, training, motivating and counseling of all Sales Managers and sales staff.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and make recommendations of changes, which would affect operations.
- Coordinate direct sales activities including road shows, blitzes, group promotions and familiarization trips.
- Set-up and conduct site inspections for entire property.
- Prepare all monthly reports for Benchmark and owners on a timely and accurate basis.
- Be Delphi knowledgeable and use in room and space bookings.
- Assist all Division heads in establishing quality product standards and service levels that establish the property as a 4-star competitor.
- Design, implement and monitor the marketing strategy toward key target markets to achieve revenue objectives.
Perform other related duties as requested by the General Manager.
ENVIRONMENT: Indoor office area with carpet. Well lit with good ventilation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.apply now