Director of Rooms
Location: US - MN - Minneapolis
Minneapolis, MN, US 55403
As our Director of Rooms, you are responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of guest services, housekeeping and communications in an attentive, friendly, efficient, and courteous manner. As well as, providing all guests with quality service while maximizing room revenue and productivity and developing managers and employees.
- Directly supervise front desk, housekeeping and bell staff.
- Assist with interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Coordinate with the DOSM and Front Office to ensure the proper supply of inventories, forecasting, and scheduling to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Assist and coordinate promotion of products manufactured or services performed to develop new markets, increase share of market, and obtain competitive position in the industry.
- Analyze division or department budget requests to identify areas in which reductions can be made, and allocates operating budget.
- Confer with administrative personnel and reviews activity, operating, and sales reports to determine changes in programs or operations required.
- Assist in preparation of directives to division or department administrator outlining policy, program, or operations changes to be implemented.
- Serve as an active member on our Company’s Executive Committee.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from four-year College or university; to 5 or more years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience managing a union staff
- Has the ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations; Respond promptly to customer needs; Solicit customer feedback to improve service; Respond to requests for service and assistance; Meet commitments.
- Ability to write clearly and informatively; edit work for spelling and grammar; Vary writing style to meet needs; Present numerical data effectively; Ability to read and interpret written information.
- Must be skilled in managing team and individual responsibilities; Exhibit objectivity and openness to others views; Give and welcome feedback; Contribute to building a positive team spirit; Put success of team above own interests; Ability to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Support everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Skilled in multi-tasking and planning work activities; Ability to use time efficiently; Plan for additional resources; Set goals and objectives; Organize or schedule other people and their tasks; Develop realistic action plans.
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.