Director of Rooms
Location: US - IA - Davenport
Davenport, IA, US
The Director of Rooms oversees the planning, organizing and leading of the Rooms Division, which includes Front Desk, Bell and Valet, Housekeeping, and Laundry. A core function of this role is to provide all guests with quality service by developing managers and team members.
· The Director of Rooms directs all rooms operations in alignment with the General Manager, company, and Marriott brand standards.
· Determine financial and operation objectives for the departments. The Director of Rooms will need to continually evaluate costs, oversee inventory and ordering of supplies for all departments within Rooms in a timely manner and to meet the Hotel needs.
· This position directly manages the Rooms management personnel and indirectly manages all subordinates within the department. To do this successfully, the Director of Rooms must be able to articulate the company’s goals to the staff while demonstrating a commitment to these goals through work ethic, integrity and respect for the company and all team members.
· Builds rapport and impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner. Responds to guests complaints, solves problems, and works towards problem prevention through long term planning.
· Oversees and maintains staffing levels to meet business demands. Ensure flow of communication between shifts, among team members, and with other managers.
Self-starter, motivates others, leads by example
Bachelor’s degree in hospitality or related field
3- 5 years of experience in a rooms management position