Dramatically poised at the edge of the Pacific Ocean on the Palos Verdes Peninsula, Terranea's 102 acres are infused with the elegance of a classic Mediterranean estate, the casual energy of coastal Southern California, and countless ways to spend your days - all tied together with authentic, genuine hospitality and a deep respect for this irreplaceable oceanfront setting. A gracious, old-world ambiance permeates the grounds, from the resort lobby and outdoor gardens, to private terraces and inviting courtyards with outdoor fireplaces.
Located just south of Los Angeles, Terranea offers a 582-room resort, including a luxurious collection of residential bungalows, casitas and villas. The resort features a host of world-class amenities, such as The Links at Terranea, an award-winning 9-hole, par 3 golf course, the spectacular Spa at Terranea, three ocean view pools, family-friendly activities, and a collection of eight distinctive restaurants, bars, cafés and lounges.
Provide leadership in the areas of pricing, distribution, revenue optimization, e-marketing, reservation sales, analysis, evaluation and resources necessary to achieve the hotel’s top-line revenue objectives.
Please note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job
Pricing and Analytics
- Work jointly with the property ROC team and RVPSM or RDOSM to analyze findings of daily metrics to implement a results-driven action plan.
- Development and execution of a strategic (demand-based) pricing plan for all room categories. Utilize key 3 rd party reports (STR, Hotelligence, rate shopping tool) to aid in effectively pricing units.
- Understand the hotel’s defined competitive market and defined comp sets and their relevance to each hotel/resort based on current/future market conditions and industry changes and fluctuations.
- Utilize transient KPI report to identify trends as an early warning system to where future revenue opportunities may lie.
- On an annual basis, participate in the crafting of the business plan, provide guidance to the mix of business, adr, rate positioning, and overall revenue and penetration strategies.
- Complete ongoing detailed reservations evaluation including conversion, ACD reports, regrets/denials, call volumes shop call and training execution.
- Implement a group evaluation process to manage group inventory and rates based on key factors such as rooms/space ratio, pattern, ancillary contribution, etc. for the group sales team to utilize for a minimum period of twelve-eighteen months at all times.
- Facilitate a group block management program to ensure contracted blocks are being maintained, forecasted, yielded, and released at appropriate times.
- Develop and maintain electronic distribution strategy to include 3 rd party internet content and positioning, market manager relationships, and GDS distribution.
- Monitor all electronic distribution sites on a regular basis to ensure all transient rates and available room types are loaded and accessible.
- Partner with property ROC team, RVPSM, and AVP/Corporate Director Revenue Strategy to ensure property is utilizing the revenue enhancement plan (MK16) to make short-term tactical decisions around pricing, distribution, and a coordinated market effort to reach property goals.
- Work directly with marketing manager and Sabre Marketing to create and implement web site and search engine optimization (SEOP), search engine advertising (SEA), and online marketing.
- Work directly with key partners to implement a results-driven action plan to yield during high demand times as well as implement strategies during lower-demand times to steal share.
- Conduct weekly ROC meetings involving strategies for the next 12-18 months, competitive business analysis, financial room forecasts and budgets. DORO is responsible to ensure all key stakeholders show active and consistent participation in the weekly meetings.
- Produce daily, weekly, monthly core group of reports such as day by day forecasts, market segmentation detail, channel distribution, and pace (group and transient).
- Work with AVP/Corporate Director Revenue Strategy to ensure that a results-driven action plan is created from feedback received from property audit.
- Maintain a strategy board to ensure property rates and restrictions are in alignment with overall demand, market pricing, hotel inventory, and rate parity across all distribution channels is adhered to.
- Create hotel day by day (by segment) budget as part of the annual marketing plan process.
- Work with key department heads of all ancillary revenue centers to ensure revenue objectives are being met by implementing a core group of reports and regular-scheduled meetings to foster the Revenue Optimization Community (ROC).
- Ability to effectively communicate challenges that arise in either property performance or processes to the GM, DOSM, RVPSM, and property ROC team.
- Be able to influence change and demonstrate a sense of accountability and level of comfort during interactions with key stakeholders both at the property as well as the regional and corporate offices.
- Promote a ROC community on-property by taking ownership and accountability of all reports that are produced and ensure meeting participation is solid.
- Foster a cooperative working relationship with local competitor hotels in order to promote referrals as well as keep abreast of market demand and trends.
- Develop and maintain a positive rapport with all DH&R hotels, DH&R corporate offices, as well as all market managers of utilized distribution channels, to build a strong, mutually beneficial partnership.
- Partner directly with key constituents within hotel to ensure ancillary revenue objectives are being met.
Essential FunctionsSkills and Abilities
- Strong written and oral skills
- Proficient in Excel
- Willingness to travel 1-2 overnight trips a year for continuing education programs
- Comprehensive understanding of demand evaluation and effective pricing
- Ability to evaluate and execute a results-driven action plan
- Experience managing projects independently and presenting conclusions to fellow team members, property ROC teams, and Regional support teams
- Ideal candidate would also possess basic knowledge of key sales and revenue systems(Property Management Systems, Delphi, Synxis, and EZ Yield and/or SiteMinder
- 2+ years of on-property hotel revenue management and e-commerce discipline focus
- Extensive hotel experience with Excel
Bachelor degree with hospitality and/or e-commerce specialization preferred, but not required