For us, hotels aren't simply places to sleep, they're places where dreams are born.
We encourage our employees to make their mark while giving back to their communities and saving the environment.
Job OverviewThe Director of Revenue Strategy is responsible for optimizing rooms’ revenue and improving RevPAR Index penetration through developing and executing sales and pricing strategies for each of the hotel’s key market segments. This position requires strong analytical ability, communication skills, and decision making. In addition, the Director of Revenue Strategy will participate, support, and provide recommendations on all catering and functions space selling strategies to optimize all revenue and profit generating opportunities. This is an Executive Committee position.Essential Functions
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides an issue free work environment through motivation, support, empowerment and development for all personnel.
- Proactively strives to build positive working relationships through teamwork and clear communication resulting in win/win decisions.
- Brings a strategic perspective by continuously developing our brand and integrating it into every aspect of the guest experience.
- Is an active member of the Executive Committee
- Chairs weekly Revenue Optimization Committee (ROC) meeting for the property
- Optimizes rooms’ revenue and improves RevPAR Index penetration through developing and executing sales and pricing strategies for each of the hotel’s key market segments.
- Proactively participates in the comprehensive sales and marketing efforts.
- Reviews and analyzes market and competitive intelligence on a daily basis.
- Responsible for managing selling restrictions and inventory controls
- Ensures rate parity across all relevant sellable channels
- Prepares operational forecasts for hotel on a weekly basis to ensure proper staffing and distributes to operational Departments within the Property.
- Prepares 90-day forecasts monthly in conjunction with the Director of Sales and Marketing and General Manager for final submission to the Home Office Team and ownership on the first day of the month.
- Monitors and reports on SEO and PPC performance, activity engages home office marketing and third party vendors to better optimize PPC performance.
- Completes annual budget process including Rooms Revenue and RevPAR Index Goals in conjunction with DOSM and GM.
- Recommends Group pricing strategies to optimize profitability with the Sales Team.
- Participates in the daily business review meeting with the Sales Team.
- Partners with DOC and DOSM on Catering revenue goals, understanding pace and proper mix of Catering only and Groups utilizing guestrooms and meeting space.
- Continuously looks to improve the revenue strategy process through the investigation of new tools, methods, and procedures and implements changes accordingly.
- Conducts displacement analysis for groups and long term business when required.
- Performs miscellaneous duties and assists General Manager as needed.
Leadership Skill Requirements:
Consistently demonstrates our established Leadership Competencies:
- Vision and Strategic Leadership
- Change Leadership
- Customer Satisfaction and Quality Leadership
- Learning and Development Passion
- Team Member Satisfaction Leadership
- Accountability and Creating Results
Technical Skill Requirements:
Other Skill Requirements:
- Ability to create, implement and analyze manual and automated reports.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all market segments and management strategies and techniques.
- Comprehensive knowledge of personal computers and various property specific applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, PMS, CRS, RMS, OTA Extranets and Delphi. Opera, Synxis, and IdeasRMS experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent working knowledge of reservation processes.
- Operational knowledge of national sales process, Delphi, GDS, and third party distribution.
- Knowledge of advertising, marketing, and all corporate support functions
- Knowledgeable of legal and contractual agreements.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Strong forecasting skills.
- Ability to create revenue reports to be used as tools in enhancing growth.
- Ability to develop and deliver effective training.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Top Accounts for the Hotel, specific city markets, trends and all Hotel rates.
- Well organized and detail oriented.
- Consistently strives for continuous improvement while ensuring a high level of professionalism.
- Creative and innovative thinker who can bring thoughts to actions with speed.
- Analytical and expedient approach to problem solving which results in a win/win resolution.
- Impeccable follow through with high level of personal integrity.
- Strong communication, decision-making, organization and leadership skills.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Ability to perform effectively under high pressure/volume, self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Ability to manage time well and be flexible.
- Must be available for travel periodically.
- Other duties and general responsibilities as assigned
- Proven team leader with a high level of energy and motivation and a proven track record of living the company's values.
- Results oriented with an emphasis on both individual and team accountability.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Proven track record in the market of increasing RevPAR Index through ADR.
- At least 3 years of experience as a Director of Revenue Strategy or equivalent at an Independent property.
- Washington DC market experience strongly preferred.