The Scottsdale Resort and McCormick Ranch
Combining modern accommodations with amenities that capture the elegance of historic haciendas of the past, The Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch is both a luxury vacation retreat and an exceptional Phoenix-area destination.
Located in the heart of scenic McCormick Ranch, recognized for the splendor of its lakes, greenbelts and golf courses, the resort features 326 spacious guest rooms and suites each with elegant décor and a residential ambiance while providing convenient access to both the dramatic beauty of the Sonoran Desert and the lively shopping, restaurant, gallery, and club scene of Scottsdale. The resort borders the McCormick Ranch Golf Club offering private golf views from rooms, patios and restaurants. Kitchen West offers satisfying western American fare while Bar Six40 has a vibrant back bar backed to the outside filled with craft and regional Whiskeys and premium Tequilas. The resort is a AAA Four-Diamond Award winner. With nearly 80,000 square feet of combined indoor and outdoor space and a recently completed comprehensive renovation, The Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch is a great place to grow your career.
Provide leadership in the areas of pricing, distribution, revenue optimization, e-marketing, reservation sales, analysis, evaluation and resources necessary to achieve the hotel’s top-line revenue objectives.
Please note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job
Pricing and Analytics
- Work jointly with the property ROC team and RVPSM or RDOSM to analyze findings of daily metrics to implement a results-driven action plan.
- Development and execution of a strategic (demand-based) pricing plan for all room categories. Utilize key 3 rd party reports (STR, Hotelligence, rate shopping tool) to aid in effectively pricing units.
- Understand the hotel’s defined competitive market and defined comp sets and their relevance to each hotel/resort based on current/future market conditions and industry changes and fluctuations.
- Utilize transient KPI report to identify trends as an early warning system to where future revenue opportunities may lie.
- On an annual basis, participate in the crafting of the business plan, provide guidance to the mix of business, adr, rate positioning, and overall revenue and penetration strategies.
- Complete ongoing detailed reservations evaluation including conversion, ACD reports, regrets/denials, call volumes shop call and training execution.
- Implement a group evaluation process to manage group inventory and rates based on key factors such as rooms/space ratio, pattern, ancillary contribution, etc. for the group sales team to utilize for a minimum period of twelve-eighteen months at all times.
- Facilitate a group block management program to ensure contracted blocks are being maintained, forecasted, yielded, and released at appropriate times.
- Develop and maintain electronic distribution strategy to include 3 rd party internet content and positioning, market manager relationships, and GDS distribution.
- Monitor all electronic distribution sites on a regular basis to ensure all transient rates and available room types are loaded and accessible.
- Partner with property ROC team, RVPSM, and AVP/Corporate Director Revenue Strategy to ensure property is utilizing the revenue enhancement plan (MK16) to make short-term tactical decisions around pricing, distribution, and a coordinated market effort to reach property goals.
- Work directly with marketing manager and Sabre Marketing to create and implement web site and search engine optimization (SEOP), search engine advertising (SEA), and online marketing.
- Work directly with key partners to implement a results-driven action plan to yield during high demand times as well as implement strategies during lower-demand times to steal share.
- Conduct weekly ROC meetings involving strategies for the next 12-18 months, competitive business analysis, financial room forecasts and budgets. DORO is responsible to ensure all key stakeholders show active and consistent participation in the weekly meetings.
- Produce daily, weekly, monthly core group of reports such as day by day forecasts, market segmentation detail, channel distribution, and pace (group and transient).
- Work with AVP/Corporate Director Revenue Strategy to ensure that a results-driven action plan is created from feedback received from property audit.
- Maintain a strategy board to ensure property rates and restrictions are in alignment with overall demand, market pricing, hotel inventory, and rate parity across all distribution channels is adhered to.
- Create hotel day by day (by segment) budget as part of the annual marketing plan process.
- Work with key department heads of all ancillary revenue centers to ensure revenue objectives are being met by implementing a core group of reports and regular-scheduled meetings to foster the Revenue Optimization Community (ROC).
- Ability to effectively communicate challenges that arise in either property performance or processes to the GM, DOSM, RVPSM, and property ROC team.
- Be able to influence change and demonstrate a sense of accountability and level of comfort during interactions with key stakeholders both at the property as well as the regional and corporate offices.
- Promote a ROC community on-property by taking ownership and accountability of all reports that are produced and ensure meeting participation is solid.
- Foster a cooperative working relationship with local competitor hotels in order to promote referrals as well as keep abreast of market demand and trends.
- Develop and maintain a positive rapport with all DH&R hotels, DH&R corporate offices, as well as all market managers of utilized distribution channels, to build a strong, mutually beneficial partnership.
- Partner directly with key constituents within hotel to ensure ancillary revenue objectives are being met.
- Strong written and oral skills
- Proficient in Excel
- Willingness to travel 1-2 overnight trips a year for continuing education programs
- Comprehensive understanding of demand evaluation and effective pricing
- Ability to evaluate and execute a results-driven action plan
- Experience managing projects independently and presenting conclusions to fellow team members, property ROC teams, and Regional support teams
- Ideal candidate would also possess basic knowledge of key sales and revenue systems(Property Management Systems, Delphi, Synxis, and EZ Yield and/or SiteMinder
- 2+ years of on-property hotel revenue management and e-commerce discipline focus
- Extensive hotel experience with Excel
Bachelor degree with hospitality and/or e-commerce specialization preferred, but not required