Interstate Hotels & Resorts is the leading global hotel management company. Hotel owners, developers and guests discover the Interstate difference in our 425 hotels, resorts and conference centers with nearly 75,000 rooms located throughout the U.S. and around the globe.
Our rich history spanning 55 years of innovation, consistency and success is unmatched in the hospitality industry, making Interstate the preferred hotel management company of major global brands. It also allows our associates to consistently deliver results for real estate investors, ownership groups, publicly-traded REITs, privately held companies, and private equity funds today and in the bright future to come.
||US - CO - Greenwood Village
||Director of Revenue Management
| Work Permit Needed:
||Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
Sheraton Denver Tech Center Hotel
Director of Revenue Management
Overall the position will function as the tactical & strategic Revenue Management leader for the hotel. The position will be responsible for balancing the financial objectives for the hotel by maximize room revenues. The revenue manager is accountable for pricing, inventory, indentifying indicators, key measurements and data integrity. Oversees all processes associated with demand, revenue, inventory, and forecasting opportunity analysis. Develops and recommends sales strategy for pricing of the transient & group customers. Responsible for assisting in eCommerce opportunities, ensuring information is displayed correctly and effectively on the sites with the best opportunities for providing business. Acts as a liaison for and maintains productive relationships with all stakeholders, including hotel General Manager, sales leader, corporate team and ownership.
- Developing/Executing on Objectives and Strategies
Ensure that the hotel's sales strategies are effectively implemented in the inventory systems to meet Rim Division philosophies and meet hotel's budget objectives.
- Establish inventory and sell strategy objectives with direction of General Manager.
- Serve as inventory and restrictions expert performing room authorizations, rate evaluation and yield management functions.
- Analyze P&L and other available systems data to identify trends, future need periods and obstacles to achieving goals.
- Run weekly, monthly & quarterly Revenue Management meeting/review sessions which include review of Smith Travel Reports, segmentation analysis, transient & group pace, market pricing and forecast & projection updates.
- Prepares weekly and 90 day rooms & catering forecasts to be entered into IHR1, Interstate Hotels & Resorts proprietary software system.
- Working with Sales and Marketing
- Work closely with Sales and Marketing on business opportunities, aiming to increase profitability of the hotel.
- Assists with pricing accounts & group business and provide input on business evaluation recommendations
- Compiling sales information, analyzing and monitoring actual sales against projected sales.
- Manages eCommerce opportunities:
- Ensures property information & rates are displayed correctly and effectively on OTA Merchant, Package & Opaque sites.
- Sets up tractable ROI's for all exposures/listings/advertisings, etc. on the web. This would include free as well as paid listings and promotions.
- Ensure rate & inventory parity and straight line availability.
- Serves as a resource for the sales and operations team regarding Internet distribution issues, questions, or new programs.
- Developing and Executing Marketing Plan & Budget
- Utilize Interstate Hotels & Resort's Marketing Plan & Budget to help establish top line room and catering revenues for coming year.
- Pull and analyze necessary reporting to assist Sales & Operations teams on completing said documents.
- Make recommendations to stakeholders on overall strategy and opportunities to grow revenues.
- Meeting the Needs of Key Stakeholders
- Understand and meet the needs of key stakeholders (owners, corporate, guests, etc.).
- Provides revenue management tactical and strategic expertise for hotel.
- Provides targeted and timely communication of results, achievements and challenges to the stakeholders.
- Serves as the liaison, when necessary, between property and corporate systems support.
- Prior Starwood (or major Brand) experience preferred
- Minimum 2 years' management level hotel experience preferred
- Prior Revenue and/or Reservations experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of brand PMS, CRS, and RMS, or comparable systems
- Working knowledge of Rate360, Demand360, and Agency360
- Strong knowledge of revenue management concepts, tactics, and processes
- Strong inventory knowledge of sleeping rooms to include the impact of tactical based decisions
- Hotel & hospitality knowledge including terminology, procedures and reporting
- Strong deductive reasoning
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Good follow-through
- Detail oriented on assigned tasks and the ability to follow through to a conclusion
- Understanding of Heathman strategies and culture
College Degree preferred