Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
DIRECTOR OF REVENUE MANAGEMENT:
The Company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week.
The Director of Revenue Management provides oversight of all revenue functions for assigned hotel. Develops, implements, communicates, analyzes, measures and adjusts strategies to achieve top line revenue goals in conjunction with the company’s vision and standards. Directs hotel revenue team and develops action steps to improve REVPAR performance. Executes and oversees hotel strategies to ensure STAR index gains that meet Company objectives. Reviews and recommends rooms and catering strategies including pricing, inventory, and channel management, in order to achieve budgeted revenue and maximize market share. Ensures proper mix of business through the use of market data, historical information, inventory controls and pricing strategies. Review and approve displacement analyses with property revenue team. Develop and implement property-specific action plans as necessary to address performance deficiencies. Maintain keen awareness and oversight of online real estate through updated and effective ecommerce/revenue initiatives. The Director of Revenue Management reports to the General Manager, with dotted line reporting to the Regional Director of Revenue Management / Vice President Revenue Management.
This position directly manages an assigned ambassador. Articulates Company goals and demonstrates commitment to these goals through work ethic, integrity and respect for the Company and ambassadors. Unites ambassadors in a common commitment to achieve and exceed these goals. Works closely with management throughout the hotel and the Company. Impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Sales/Profitability – Develop, implement and recommend transient/group sales strategies with goal of maximizing RevPar. Ensure proper mix of all market segments through use of inventory status controls and pricing strategies. Utilize knowledge of Global Distribution Systems to ensure hotel is correctly and effectively sold through all distribution channels. Monitor and balance CRO/PMS inventories to ensure property sell out. Provide solutions for all inventory imbalances. Provide effective communication to the ARO via system and other means to ensure successful sales of the property. Direct implementation of brand revenue initiatives. Ensure costs are within budgeted guidelines. If necessary, develop action steps to correct any expense problems. Submit recommendations for changes and improvements to the General Manager.
· Operational – Review all Performa’s with the hotel Revenue Management Team. Responsible for all data input and report generation of revenue tracking tools (Strategy Calendar). Maintain accurate files to provide history statistics including weekly strategy calendars, monthly regret/denial, distribution channels reports, source of business and LNR analysis, transient PVC’s, weekly hotel shops, transient SMART plans, month and year end reports, etc. Manage and monitor hotel’s central reservations system to maintain consistency with property level inventory strategies and Company pricing philosophies. Provide ongoing training to Revenue team members about the capabilities / limitations of hotel system, and how strategies are carried through these systems.Review and manage all group block inventories, ensuring proper availability. Responsible for monitoring and execution of group functions, including group entry, pickup, room lists, cut off dates. Communicate strategies to hotel Revenue team. Facilitate and lead Sell Strategy Meetings in accordance with Company SOP. Communicate through meeting minutes and written documentation to Regional DORM and property Revenue team.
· Human Resources – Supervise and provide direction to revenue ambassador. In conjunction with the Human Resources department, direct recruiting, hiring, training, development and retention of a motivated and efficient Revenue staff. Clearly communicate to ambassadors the standards of performance and their role in contributing to individual and team success. Ensure all required training occurs including orientation, safety, and fire. Coach, counsel, resolve conflicts, discipline and terminate as appropriate through fair treatment and in compliance with Company policies and procedures. Conduct ambassador performance and salary reviews in a timely manner and in accordance with Company guidelines. Ensure all policies and procedures are followed. Insist on a work environment that is free from harassment. Promote the hotel as an employer of choice in the community.
· Guest Satisfaction – Direct and ensure Reservations/Revenue standards and procedures are followed. Direct Reservations/Revenue staff schedules to ensure adequate coverage while managing the department budget. Regularly review service scores to identify areas needing improvement and implement appropriate changes. Ensure the Reservations/Revenue staff regularly adheres to all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting.
· Life Safety/Risk Management – Assist the General Manager with hotel life safety. Ensure appropriate Revenue sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures are in place, followed and comply with policies, standards and regulations. Ensure the staff is proficient in sanitary, safety security and emergency procedures. Notify the General Manager of any potential liability and propose proper course of action to prevent the hotel from incurring any such liability. Make recommendations to the General Manager on additional safeguards as appropriate. Practice safe work habits.
· Asset Management - Ensure adequate controls are installed and maintained for the protection of the hotel’s financial assets against loss or misappropriation. Work collaboratively with the Corporate Office to ensure Company assets are accurately tracked. Ensure ambassadors are properly trained in the use and maintenance of Company assets.
· Leadership – Direct all facets of Revenue operations. Keep abreast of brand standards and the competition's products and strengths to continually improve revenues and profit margins while maintaining quality. Use business/management knowledge, applications in the industry, and experiences to provide leadership, both internally and externally, to assist the General Manager in positioning the hotel as a market leader. Be a coach with a positive attitude on a daily basis. Implement, manage and comply with Company policies, practices and programs. Ensure compliance with brand standards and local, state and national regulations. Ensure optimal levels of quality service and hospitality are provided to guests. Regular and timely attendance with high standards of personal behavior, appearance and grooming including wearing the proper nametag when working.
· Communication – Ensure all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations. Maintain a consistent professional and positive attitude when communicating with guests and ambassadors. Maintain effective two-way communications that crosses departmental lines. Approach all encounters and actions with guests and associates in a friendly, service oriented manner. Conduct regularly scheduled meetings with the Revenue staff to provide organizational information and educate ambassadors on changes and activities. Communica