South Seas Island Resort
Director of Recreation
The Director of Recreation is responsible for the following aspects of the Recreation Department: Resort Pool Complex Operations, Beach Operations including but not limited to Sunset Beach and South Beach Locations. The Recreation Director will serve as a liaison to the resorts Recreation concession program which currently includes: Sunny Island Water Sports, Captiva Cruises, Offshore Sailing, Coin Drop, Resort Salon and Tennis and Fishing Guide operations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include but are not limited to:
1. Direct and motivate team; Supervisors, Managers and Supervisors, by conducting daily and monthly meetings, inspecting staff work and giving guidance.
2. Interviews, hires and trains the recreation team in the procedures and techniques to use through Performance for Excellence training and standards. Training includes detailed instruction and procedures to report any safety issues.
3. Manage, plan, design, organize, implement, and evaluate all day-to-day operations. Respond to guest needs as required to guarantee maximum guest satisfaction and quality operations.
4. Reviews computerized records for budgeting and forecasting of department expenses. Communicates daily to Area Managers payroll and expense needs.
5. Performance of daily office procedures which include opening and closing the recreation welcome desk, and office, daily accounting, which includes reports, guest checks, waivers and processing of all account charges throughout the day. Assist in the coordination of conference group recreation events and all special events on the resort.
6. Monitors attendance and attendance problems, provides coaching and counseling to ensure departmental and corporate policies are adhered to. Monitors and corrects uniform standards.7. Monitor staff performance in all phases of job functions ensuring that all procedures are carried out to departmental standards; rectify any deficiencies with respective personnel.
8. Direct and manage in the daily operations of the Resort Pool Complex and Resort Beach locations through area specific associates & supervisors.
9. This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).
Knowledge and Skills:
Bachelor Degree in Recreation or Leisure Services, Certified CPR, Life Saving Certificate, First Aid Certificate.
5 - 10 years managerial experience preferably in relatedfield.
Previous experience in a recreation setting.Previous guest/and or customer service helpful.
The ideal candidate will have an outgoing personality, creative, highly motivated, and enthusiastic who is personable, dependable and possess a positive attitude.
Must be able to read, write, and converse in the English language.
Must be able to swim, kayak and canoe in open water.
Must possess a valid driver's license.
Must be able to work flexible hours and days including all holidays and weekends.
Supervise as much as 40 or more employees.