Swire Hotels announces the opening in 2015 of EAST, Miami at Brickell City Centre, Swire Properties Inc.'s US$1 billion mixed use development in Miami's downtown financial district. It will be the hotel group's first property in the United States and the third hotel under the EAST brand, after the successful opening of EAST, Hong Kong in Island East in 2010 and EAST, Beijing at INDIGO, Beijing in 2012.
EAST, Miami is a lifestyle hotel with a pulse. Perched on top of Brickell City Centre, EAST connects directly to dozens of vibrant restaurants and countless shops while the thriving Brickell street scene lies just outside the door. In the heart of downtown, EAST, Miami offers 255 contemporary rooms, 8 modern suites and 89 serviced apartments.
We serve Guests with the freedom and spontaneity reflected in the individual personalities of our team members.
Who We Are
Swire Hotels is a collection of three individual brands of hotels. This includes the House Collective, EAST and Chapter Hotels. We promise to create different, surprising, relaxing, intoxicating and unique hotel experiences but only those that will actively improve the lives of our guests.
We set out to find natural, engaging and intuitive people and to create a style of service that is both highly professional, yet relaxed and unstuffy.
Our team members flourish by being encouraged to be themselves with guests in order to create engaging and intuitive relationships.
Nature of the Job
Basic Purpose & Objective of the Position
The Director of Restaurant is responsible for managing the daily operations of our restaurant, including the selection, development and performance management of employees. In addition, they oversee the inventory and ordering of food and supplies, optimize profits and ensure that guests are satisfied with their dining experience. The Director reports to the Hotel Manager. Primary responsibilities include: General Oversee and manage all areas of the restaurant and make final decisions on matters of importance to guest service.
* Delivers the brand promise and provides exceptional guest service at all times in all areas.
* Provides excellent service to internal customers.
* Handles all guest and employee complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner. Responds to complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests.
* Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
* Adheres to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility and labor costs.
* Responsible for ensuring that all financial (invoices, reporting) and personnel/payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
* Food safety and planning: Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas.
* Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
* Responsible for ensuring consistent high quality of food preparation and service.
* Maintains professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
* Works with Corporate office staff for efficient provisioning and purchasing of supplies.
* Operational responsibilities
* Ensures that proper security procedures are in place to protect employees, guests and company assets.
* Ensures a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents. Completes accident reports promptly in the event that a guest or employee is injured.
* Manages shifts which include: daily decision making, scheduling, planning while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness.
* Investigates and resolves complaints concerning food quality and service. Personnel
* Provides direction to employees regarding operational and procedural issues.
* Interviews hourly employees. Direct hiring, supervision, development and, when necessary, termination of employees.
* Conducts orientation, explain the "Swire" philosophy, and oversees the training of new employees.
* Supports Swire Hotels' cultural and people development implementations and characteristics.
* Supervises on-going training initiatives.
* Uses all available on the job training tools for employees.
* Coaches and counsels employees regarding performance on an on-going basis.
* Develops employees by providing ongoing feedback, communicates and establishes performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position and by conducting performance reviews.
* Maintains an accurate and up-to-date plan of restaurant staffing needs. Prepares schedules and ensures that the restaurant is staffed for all shifts. Community Involvement
* Provides strong presence in local community and high level of community involvement by restaurant and personnel.
* ACCOUNTABILITIES: Keeps General Manager and Hotel Manager promptly and fully informed of all issues (i.e. problems, unusual matters of significance and positive events) and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action.
* Completes job responsibilities and performance objectives in a timely and effective manner and in accordance with Swire policies and procedures.
* Maintains a favorable working relationship with all company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness.
* At all times provides a favorable image of Swire to promote its "We Care" philosophy. Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience Requirements
* College degree is preferred. Bachelor of Science degree in hotel/restaurant management is desirable.
* A combination of practical experience and education will be considered as an alternative.
* Knowledge of computers (MS Word, Excel).
* Proficient in the following dimensions of restaurant functions: food planning and preparation, purchasing, sanitation, security, company policies and procedures, personnel management, recordkeeping, and preparation of reports.
* Must be eligible to work in the United States. Must agree to background and credit check.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
See description above.