Director of Private Clients | Napa
Location: US - CA - Napa
Position Overview and Purpose:
The Director of Private Clients is responsible for development of strategic ecommerce offers, creating and executing private client experiences, direct to consumer business development and outbound sales. Reporting to the General Manager, the Director of Private Clients will drive qualified referrals to the Tasting Room, interact with highest tier clientele and develop a team that passionately promotes the winery and creates memorable experiences at every opportunity. He/She will create a strategic ecommerce plan with the goal of creating revenue and balancing communications with other winery stakeholders. This role is responsible for establishing and maintaining high standards of performance in their areas of responsibility, including meeting/exceeding sales and budget goals, attracting quality customers and building brand loyalty.
Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Ecommerce: Create annual strategy to aggressively increase Ecommerce revenue. Develop annual email sales calendar in conjunction with DTC Director to ensure all communications are consistent in brand look, feel and voice, and never conflicting. Create targeted email campaigns to specific customer groups based on historic purchasing habits and hand off to DTC Director for execution. Analyze successes and failures with a mentality of continual improvement.
- Outbound Sales: Develop targeted client contact lists, special offers and wine releases. Assist with wine club maintenance and customer service, always exploring opportunities to create revenue. Improve customer service by responding to each online order to thank, confirm and upsell original order.
- DTC Marketing: Develop programs to increase traffic and revenue and build the winery brand. Oversee Private Tasting initiatives that accelerate sales and enhance customer service. Communicate brand distinction, history, family story, property assets and unique experiences through social media, public relations and industry referrals to attract qualified customers, promote customer engagement and loyalty. Drive visitor traffic through compelling and dynamic experiences and work with the Tasting Room Manager to ensure a high level of customer service. Coordinate participation in local tasting events to raise brand awareness and drive visitors.
- Strategic Partnerships: Partner with outside vendors, agencies, industry colleagues and others to enhance guest experiences, promote brand awareness and increase sales. Generate Private Tasting traffic and revenue-generating special event bookings by developing new programs and building industry-wide relationships.
- Financial Management: Analyze and monitor performance (referral traffic, sales, average order, and other key performance metrics) to ensure achievement of annual budget goals and to understand areas of opportunity and growth. Collaborate with DTC team on annual strategic planning, budgeting and reporting. Work with production team to develop DTC portfolio plan and multi-year sales forecast.
- Experienced DTC sales leader and hands-on manager who has built profitable consumer direct sales channels.
- Results oriented with a broad perspective for long-term gains.
- Creative and strategic thinker with the ability to identify new opportunities to grow the business.
- Highly motivate, pragmatic self-starter with a strong work ethic and uncompromising honesty and integrity.
- An effective leader, team builder and collaborator.
- Excellent written and oral communication, presentation, customer service, organizational and negotiation skills.
- Minimum five years of DTC sales experience and a proven record of delivering "best in class" customer experiences.