Dramatically poised at the edge of the Pacific Ocean on the Palos Verdes Peninsula, Terranea's 102 acres are infused with the elegance of a classic Mediterranean estate, the casual energy of coastal Southern California, and countless ways to spend your days - all tied together with authentic, genuine hospitality and a deep respect for this irreplaceable oceanfront setting. A gracious, old-world ambiance permeates the grounds, from the resort lobby and outdoor gardens, to private terraces and inviting courtyards with outdoor fireplaces.
Located just south of Los Angeles, Terranea offers a 582-room resort, including a luxurious collection of residential bungalows, casitas and villas. The resort features a host of world-class amenities, such as The Links at Terranea, an award-winning 9-hole, par 3 golf course, the spectacular Spa at Terranea, three ocean view pools, family-friendly activities, and a collection of eight distinctive restaurants, bars, cafés and lounges.
Job OverviewThis position will be the number 2 at the property level. This individual will assist with the planning and implementing of policies relating to all phases of human resources activities including recruitment, international and domestic. Selection, training & development, compensation & benefits administration, wage and hour issues, and employee safety. Ensures compliance with all EEO/Affirmative Action requirements. Assumes a strong leadership role in supporting a team member environment that strives to achieve a high level of job satisfaction.Essential Functions
- Responsible for enforcement of company policies & standards through written material, training, and consistent administration
- Oversees management of all team member benefits, including open enrollment meetings
- Counsels employees & managers on employee relations issues and problems; ensures disciplinary actions & terminations are carried out legally & consistently
- Assists with compensation programs through job & market analyses, & make recommendations on position wage ranges in a systematic and consistent manner
- Responsible for overseeing all aspects of Performance Management. Assists with pay increases and that performance appraisals are completed, submitted and received in a timely manner.
- Oversees all company-wide training & development programs that are administered
- Oversees coordination of all employee recognition programs & events
- Provides leadership to and supervises, trains, & evaluates PS staff
- Assume duties of EEO/ Affirmative Action Officer for the company as described in the company’s Affirmative Action Plan
- The ability to have a balance in being a Strategic Business Partner while also being hands-on as a People Services leader
- Proven track record of success in all aspects of recruiting, international and domestic
- Previous experience in partnering with key leaders at the property to achieve property and organizational objectives
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Business Administration, Human Resources, Communications, or related field
- PHR or SPHR Certification a plus
- Minimum of 7-10 years professional experience in People Services, including 3 years supervising and managing staff in the Hotel/Resort environment
- Excellent command of various federal, state and local employment practices laws & regulations
- Computer competency with Microsoft Office products
- Energetic self-starter, with strong leadership skills, work ethic, and highest level of integrity
- Good driving record that meets insurance company standards
- Effective oral, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Spanish-speaking skills a plus but not required