HEI views our associates as our greatest resource, and we hire and develop the best. We have a culture of winning, we embrace change, thrive on challenge and always seek to surpass our personal bests. Defined by our unique business platform, our environment is fast-paced, expansive and ever-evolving, yet stable, consistent, enduring. It is a high-performance culture where innovation and entrepreneurial spirit are evident; initiative and results are rewarded.
Our people know they're in on the ground floor of a company with all the cornerstones of success in place: experienced leaders, steady investors, a strong track record and long - term career potential. And in turn, each of our associates thrive because HEI's distinctly advantaged infrastructure creates a supportive, educational culture as well as unlimited opportunities for personal and professional success on every level.
An engaging, high-energy environment, HEI presents a rare career opportunity: the chance to shape a powerful leader in the hospitality industry.
|The Director of Payroll is responsible for compliance, management and administration, accuracy, keeping current with the ever-changing legal environment through research, being a diplomat and a good communicator, and timeliness for all payrolls. This position would be responsible for leading and managing multiple entities and multiple locations throughout the US on all matters concerning payroll development and delivery. This position requires a high level of confidentiality and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
This position is responsible for overseeing more than 55 decentralized hotels and approximately 10 centralized hotels from a payroll processing perspective. The Director will the design and project manage an initiative to transition all existing and future HEI locations to a centralized payroll platform. This platform is targeted to be in place by end 2017. The ideal candidate will have worked in the hospitality industry using ADP systems, both for payroll and timekeeping, and participated in implementations or system changes in prior positions.
Job Functions (Learning and Applying Personal Expertise)
* Effectively manage the corporate payroll team, providing ongoing training, supervision, and performance feedback.
* Responsible for ensuring successful internal audits, external audits and SOX compliance as a company.
* Approach all situations with hotel managers and employees, vendors, corporate office and ownership in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
* Maintain regular attendance in compliance with HEI standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotels, corporate office and ADP.
* Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming.
* Comply at all times with HEI standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient operations.
* Effectively manage and communicate payroll related issues to the hotels and corporate office. This includes the accurate and timely preparation of payrolls; both weekly and bi-weekly hotels.
* Ensure that payrolls are accurately recorded in accordance with HEI established guidelines. Investigate and resolve variances and offer practical improvement methodologies to the hotels and upper management.
* Ensure compliance on all federal and state regulations regarding tax laws, retirement funds, social security benefits, etc. Provide assistance to upper management in enforcing compliance on all these items.
* Manage all acquisitions and divestitures for payroll related concerns
* Guide and direct the HEI property Directors of Human Resources and Directors of Finances as it relates to payroll related questions and procedures
* Establish audit procedures for payroll at the hotels and corporate office.
* Ensure compliance to all HEI Standard Operating Procedures.
* Ensure HEI Standard Operating Procedures and Procedural Manuals are reviewed and updated on an annual basis.
* Establish and direct payroll internal controls with the emphasis on maintaining data integrity, security, as well as process design/compliance and improvement
* Schedule, audit, and review processes to ensure the accuracy, integrity and compliance of payroll data.
* Oversee and provide sponsorship of corporate and hotel level payroll projects.
* Establish, direct and coordinate payroll vendor relationships with the assistance of upper management.
* Work with corporate accounting, tax, human resources and upper management to address matters relating to payroll services.
* Ensure compliance with wage garnishments.
* Continually focus on training and development programs for payroll employees at the properties.
* Ensure that all corporate balance sheet accounts, related to payroll, are reconciled on a timely basis.
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
* 4-year college degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration and a minimum of 3 years of related progressive experience. Must also have working knowledge of computerized payroll systems and applicable payroll laws and regulations.
* 2-year college degree and a minimum of 5 years of related progressive experience. Must also have working knowledge of computerized payroll systems and applicable payroll laws and regulations.
* Certified Payroll Professional preferred
* Experience in the Hospitality Industry required
* ADP Vantage experience preferred but minimum ADP experience required
* Experience managing and leading the centralization of payroll processing
* Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
Skills and Knowledge
* Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
* Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
* Must routinely meet deadlines given by the property, corporate office, vendors and/or ownership.
* Must be able to multi-task.
* Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
* Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc., from disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
* Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
* Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data.
* Must be able to prioritize departmental functions in order to meet due dates and deadlines.
* Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Open and communicative office environment.
- Offer opportunities to take ownership over processes.
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs.
- Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits.
- For your financial wellness HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life Insurance and Short and Long-Term Disability.
- 401(k) Savings Plan with matching contributions.
- Possibility for Travel (0-5%) available.
- Fantastic fringe benefits including:
* Free weekly lunches
* Discounted hotel rooms
* Themed Holiday parties
* Summer Office Hours
* Newly renovated (Summer 2016) employee lounge with grab and go snack counter
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled