At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
This position will oversee the two restaurants, The Tavern and Junction. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are served 7 days a week 365 days a year in The Tavern. For an elevated dining experience, dinner is served at Junction, our signature restaurant.
Ideal candidate will have availability AM's, PM's, weekends and holidays. Be able to lead, motivate and inspire a diverse group of associates. Have experience with and knowledge of financial management and cost controls, serving etiquette, training standards and protocols. Has a working knowledge of wine, beer and liquor service, presentation and ordering.
- Establish and maintain service levels to ensure a consistent guest experience at a high quality level both in outlet and banquet settings and the ability to support the culinary operation when necessary.
- Developing a strong, ongoing recruitment and training program for FOH team members.
- Engaging in menu planning and the development of promotional events and materials.
- Developing bar menus and drink specials and working with staff members on their beverage knowledge and upselling skills.
- Assist in the planning and execution of special events (holidays, banquet functions, seasonal events and promotional events).
- Understand, oversee, and update all restaurant POS systems as necessary.
- Work closely with Catering and Sales Managers, Chefs and Banquet staff to ensure that we meet all contracted requirements.
Areas of Responsibility:
- GEM Revenue forecasting / labor forecasting / P&L
- Marketing and Promotions for each outlet
- Summer Planning / Fall programing/ Winter Programing
- Oversees inventory process and monthly COG’s
- Approve weekly beverage orders
- Approve and place all operational supply, china, glass and silver orders following budgeted parameters
- Approve department schedules for outlets
- Oversees all Catered and Conference Service events
- Manage POS system and reservation systems
- Organize and Set up agenda for weekly management meeting where we are setting goals, addressing issues, critique service, plan for the week, analyze staffing levels/needs
- Develop/mentor/set action plans for FOH management team
- Disciplinary actions and follow though
- Oversee Hiring process and Terminations
- Oversee all Food & Beverage payroll and payroll costs
- Manage staff incentive programs
- Manage daily shift reports and follow up on ABP slips