Pacifica Hotels is seeking a Director of Outlets to join the Marina Del Rey Hotel. The Director of Outlets will be responsible for overseeing all operational aspects of the food and beverage outlets of the hotel including preparation, service, administration and profitability. The Director of Outlets will work in coordination with the Food & Beverage Director and the Executive Chef to achieve the goals and standards that are set forth by the Marina Del Rey Hotel and Pacifica Hotels.
Situated in a scenic waterfront location on the world’s largest manmade small-craft harbor, the luxury Marina del Rey Hotel invites guests to unwind and indulge in equal balance. Whether you are here for business or leisure, we can ensure that your needs will not only be met, but exceeded at every turn, from our new guest rooms and suites, many of which overlook the dazzling marina, to our delightful dining at SALT Restaurant & Bar. Enjoy our brand-new infinity pool and spa that also overlook the beautiful marina.
“The company is family oriented and family friendly. They know who I am and they care about me as a team member and individual. I truly feel as though I have the opportunity to grow within the company.”
- Johnny, Restaurant Manager
If you feel as though this position is a fit to your skill set, please apply online at www.pacificahotels.com/careers
Health Benefits, Travel Perks & More
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401k, Vacation and Sick Leave are offered with this position along with a Team Member Travel Program, encouraging each team member to visit sister properties and enjoy exclusive team member rates for rest and relaxation. We also encourage quarterly team building and giving back to the communities in which we work through regular volunteering, and select charity promotions throughout the year.
Core functions of the position, but are not limited to the following;
- Serve as ‘”Captain of Hospitality” by actively running the floor operations as a hands-on leader.
- Responsible for the performance of the Company’s outlets which includes personnel management, beverage and foods, and other services and operations.
- Oversees all outlets during service: Room Service, Bar, Pool Deck, SALT Restaurant, and Meeting Space, to ensure excellent service is achieved and maintained on all shifts and during all events.
- Focuses on safety and health standards to ensure the team has a good knowledge of safe working conditions.
- Responsible for performance and sales of the department and ensures that the company’s profits and goals are met.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect and cooperation among team members. Making sure staff are comfortable approaching Management and encourage feedback from staff.
- Identifies the developmental needs of the department and team and shares those needs with the Food & Beverage Director and identifies plans to improve team members’ knowledge or skills.
- Reviews standards for all areas and ensures all staff understand their role in full and are well trained and prepared to serve guests.
- Maintains complete knowledge of department and schedule at all times. Reviews reservations and seat count, all F&B schedules, and all BEO’s to ensure staffing is adequate for all areas.
- Handles complaints, settles guest and employee disputes, resolves any grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Interviews and vets all food and beverage candidates, makes hiring recommendations to Director of Food & Beverage on new hires, pay rates, and terminations.
- Ensures proper training program is actively in place for all positions in the Outlets. Creates any needed additional training materials and ensures training is consistent in each area for each position.
- Ensures monthly Departmental meetings for each Outlet are scheduled and attended by the department staff. Approves department agenda prior to meeting, having an emphasis and focus on service at every meeting.
- Keeps sensitive information confidential, works through concerns with HR management, and conducts all disciplinary action in accordance within Pacifica Hotels standards.
- Assists the Director of Food & Beverage with overseeing the Beverage and Wine program, costs are in line to budget, and lists are of high quality are maintained and product is rotated and a consistent turn is managed.
- At least four years of Director of Outlets, Assistant F&B Director or Restaurant General Manager experience in food service, restaurant and banquet operations
- College degree preferred
- Experience in hiring, training, supervision, forecasting, budget preparation, and cost control in expense management, beverage, and labor. Proficient in training, coaching and counseling
- Ability to maintain good team member relations.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective guest relations.
- Ability to manage multi-departmental operations.