Director of Operations - Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel (18000CAL)
Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel
Location: US - OH - Columbus
Start Your Journey With Us
You were always one of those curious kids who opened every cabinet, peeked behind every door, and never ceased to ask "why" when given an explanation. Today, you bring your personal style to every experience. You live life to discover. You are passionate about your neighborhood, always looking to explore the places one wouldn’t find in a travel guide. If this sounds like you, you’re in the right place. You’ve got authentic style, natural curiosity and a warm way with people. Renaissance is not just a place to spend the night, it's a place to discover, a place in the world with style like yours. That’s why we’re not just looking for anyone. We’re looking for someone like you.
Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel located at 50 N 3rd Street, Columbus, OH, 43215 is currently hiring a Director of Operations.
Director of Operations: Functions as the strategic business leader of the property's Hotel Operations, areas of responsibility may include Front Office, Recreation/Health Club, Housekeeping, Food and Beverage/Culinary and Engineering/Maintenance. Works with direct reports (e.g., department heads) to develop and implement departmental strategies and manage the implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives. Verifies that Hotel Operations meet the brand’s standards, targets customer needs, monitors employee satisfaction, focuses on growing revenues and maximizes the financial performance of the department and develops positive owner relations. Develops and implements property-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand’s target customer and employees and provides a return on investment.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
• Demonstrates and communicates key drivers of guest satisfaction for the brand’s target customer.
• Analyzes service issues and identifies trends.
• Makes and executes the necessary decisions to keep property moving forward toward achievement of goals.
• Works with hotel management team to develop an operational strategy that is aligned with the brand’s business strategy and leads its execution.
Managing Revenue Goals
• Monitors hotel operations sales performance against budget.
• Focuses on growing revenues and maximizes the financial performance of the department
• Reviews reports and financial statements to determine hotel operations performance against budget.
• Coaches and supports operations team to effectively manage occupancy & rate, wages and controllable expenses.
• Reviews the Wage Progress Report and compares budgeted wages to actual wages, coaching direct reports to address problem areas and holding team accountable for results.
Leading Operations and Department Teams
• Functions as the strategic business leader of the property's Hotel Operations; areas of responsibility may include Front Office, Business Center, Recreation/Health Club, Housekeeping, Food and Beverage/Culinary and Engineering/Maintenance.
• Works with direct reports (e.g., department heads) to develop and implement departmental strategies and manage the implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives.
• Develops and implements property-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand’s target customer and employees and provides a return on investment.
• Champions the brand’s service vision for product and service delivery and ensures alignment amongst the hotel leadership teams.
• Develops systems to enable employees to understand guest satisfaction results.
• Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to produce desired results.
• Develops positive owner relationships.
• Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
Managing the Guest Experience
• Reviews guest feedback with leadership team and verifies that appropriate corrective action is taken.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Stays visible and interfaces with customers on a regular basis to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction.
• Creates an atmosphere in all Rooms and Food and Beverage areas that meets or exceeds guest expectations.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Facilitates the development of creative solutions to overcome obstacles and manages the implementation to continually improve guest satisfaction results.
• Verifies that employees are treated fairly and equitably.
• Verifies that regular, ongoing communication is happening in Operations (e.g., pre-shift briefings, staff meetings).
• Fosters employee commitment to providing excellent service, participates in daily stand-up meetings and models desired service behaviors in all interactions with guests and employees.
• Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of staff/operations meetings with an emphasis on generating innovative ways to continually improve results.
• Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds staff accountable for successful performance.
• Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door policy” and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Verifies that property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process.
• Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
• Champions change, manages the implementation of brand and regional business initiativesand communicates follow-up actions to team as necessary.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
See job description