Dramatically poised at the edge of the Pacific Ocean on the Palos Verdes Peninsula, Terranea's 102 acres are infused with the elegance of a classic Mediterranean estate, the casual energy of coastal Southern California, and countless ways to spend your days - all tied together with authentic, genuine hospitality and a deep respect for this irreplaceable oceanfront setting. A gracious, old-world ambiance permeates the grounds, from the resort lobby and outdoor gardens, to private terraces and inviting courtyards with outdoor fireplaces.
Located just south of Los Angeles, Terranea offers a 582-room resort, including a luxurious collection of residential bungalows, casitas and villas. The resort features a host of world-class amenities, such as The Links at Terranea, an award-winning 9-hole, par 3 golf course, the spectacular Spa at Terranea, three ocean view pools, family-friendly activities, and a collection of eight distinctive restaurants, bars, cafés and lounges.
Job OverviewWe are seeking a dynamic, innovative Director of Operations who will oversee the resort operation of this world class resort while motivating the team to deliver extraordinary guest experiences. The Director of Operations will demonstrate a strong desire to live the Two Roads and Terranea principles.
The Director of Operations is responsible for overseeing the operations of the property including: Front Office, Housekeeping, Laundry, Call Center, Guest Services, Valet, Loss Prevention, Overnight Management, Spa, Retail, Golf, Recreation, and Rental Management.
- Provides innovative/creatives thinking and strategies to effectively differentiate the property through service culture
- Achieves high levels of customer satisfaction from property guests and associates
- Leads the career development of self and others by attracting and retaining high performing talent, by encouraging and support career development and driving continuous learning
- Ensures the property is operated safely and securely according to property and company standards
- Consistently delivers accurate forecasting projections for areas of responsibility and implement effective adjustments as required in staffing and other cost drivers to ensure profit integrity
- Manages organizational change productively by driving continuous improvement, building support for change, and adapting to change
- Effectively represents the property at all levels
The Director of Operations must possess exceptional leadership skills in guest service, associate relations, and general hotel operations. He/she must be resourceful, highly self-motivated, possess a strong work ethic and sense of urgency, exceptional written/verbal communication skills, and be able to guide and direct work teams, individuals and hotel operating departments to achieve financial objectives. The successful candidate must possess a track record of providing exceptional service experiences balanced with operational efficiency. Key requirements/attributes include:
- High energy level, maturity and integrity
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Strong results orientation, i.e., delivery on time with quality including appropriate sense of urgency and proactive approach
- Adept with handling multiple priorities effectively
- Critical thinking skills with strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Knowledgeable in revenue/yield management strategies
- Strong understanding about driving group business; understands and directs reputation management opportunities
- Strong cost management/operating margin skills; develops and delivers monthly/quarterly forecast and annual operating budgets on a consistent basis; develop annual business plans/budgets and then effectively monitors performance against plan
- Comfortable interfacing with a diverse group of individuals
- Honest, trustworthy, discreet and careful with confidential information
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Self-reliant, flexible, resilient
- Independence and ability to structure and prioritize own work
- Exceptional presentation and facilitation skills