- Work in conjunction with the General Manager to actively manage key property issues impacting the assigned departments to include employee relations, customer service, training, capital projects and other assigned tasks.
- Plan and direct the functions of administration and planning of the Food and Beverage, Rooms and Security & Transportation department to meet the daily needs of the operation.
- Develop, implement and monitor schedules for the operation of all F&B outlets, Rooms & Security/Transportation Departments to achieve a profitable result.
- Clearly describe, assign and delegate responsibility and authority for the F&B operation for the various outlets, e.g. restaurants, banquets, culinary, steward, in room dining, beverage carts and pool bar.
- Ensure F&B training & certifications are within compliance with local & state regulations.
- Participate with the chefs and restaurant managers in the creation of attractive and merchandising menus designed to attract a predetermined customer market.
- Implement effective control of food, beverage and labor costs among all sub-departments.
- Assist the managers in establishing and achieving predetermined profit objectives and desired standards of quality food, service, cleanliness, merchandising and promotion.
- Clearly describe, assign and delegate responsibility and authority for the Rooms operation including guest services, bell services, front office, reservations, PBX, concierge and housekeeping.
- Clearly describe, assign and delegate responsibility and authority for the Security & Transportation operation including the training and compliance of CPR, AED, Cart Safety Training and safety & worker’s compensation initiatives.
- Regularly review and evaluate the degree of customer acceptance of the individual outlets, to recommend new operating and marketing policies whenever declining or constant sales imply dissatisfaction by the customers, a material change in the make-up or the customer market, or a change in the competitive environment.
- Develop operating tools (with department heads) necessary and incidental to modern management principles, e.g. budgeting, forecasting purchase specifications, recipes, portion specifications, menu abstracts, food production control, job descriptions, room cost controls, etc.
- Establishes and implements realistic and effective operating and capital budgets and forecasts and compares actual operating results with budgeted projections; facilitates operational profitability through proper anticipation and adjustment of hotel operations.
- Conducts and/or attends meetings to maintain favorable working relationships among company employees and promote maximum morale, productivity and efficiency.
- Continuously evaluate the performance and encourage improvement of the personnel within all assigned departments.
- Plan and administer a training and development program within the departments which will provide well trained employees at all levels and permit advancement for those persons qualified and interested in career development.
To serve as M.O.D. as requested. To be a member of the Emergency Response Team (ERT). Assist in the different departments in whatever capacity needed. Respond to any reasonable task assigned by General Manager.
Indoors, dimly lit, carpeted, climate controlled environment. Hard kitchen floors with occasional slippery or greasy areas. Handling hot china and silver. Outdoors, cement surfaces, with exposure to outdoor climate and elements.