Director of Operations
Loews Annapolis Hotel is a 215 room full service Hotel in downtown Annapolis. Featuring 20,000 square feet of updated function space, we are also the proud home of BAROAK Cookhouse and Taproom which opened in February 2015. BAROAK Cookhouse and Taproom is a three meal restaurant without door seating and a private dining room that features hand crafted eats and global brews. This is an excellent opportunity for a Director of Food and Beverage of a large. full service property to move into their next professional role!
Part of Loews Hotels, Loews Annapolis Hotel is located in the downtown Annapolis area, just blocks away from the Historic district, US Naval Academy and the City Dock.
We welcome leisure and group guests alike and are proud of our reputation for providing world class service.
For more information, please visit www.loewshotels.com/Annapolis
We are currently seeking a Director of Operations with strong experience in Hotel and Restaurant Food and Beverage.
The Director of Operations assists the Hotel General Manager in administering and managing the hotel's operations, maintaining establish costs and quality standards and ensuring the Loews Hotels Brand standards are defined and adhered to. he or she is responsible for the Hotel operation in the absence of the Hotel General Manager, and has oversight of the following areas: Rooms Division, Restaurant and Restaurant Culinary, Banquets, Banquet Culinary and Stewarding. The position of Director of Operations is a member of the Executive Committee of the Hotel.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Directly supervises a management team comprised of Front Office Management, Housekeeping Management, Restaurant and Restaurant Culinary management, Banquet Kitchen and Banquet Service Management,
- Implements the Operating Criteria established for the Loews Annapolis Hotel by developing written policies, procedures and training programs for all Food and Beverage and Rooms Division as needed
- Reviews and, as necessary, revises the Staff Plan for these departments
- Reviews and, as necessary, revises the OS&E budget for these departments and follows through on all open/outstanding issues
- Develops annual Business Plan to include departmental goals, objectives and financial targets for these departments, then follows up with monthly a
- works with the department managers to establish staffing requirements for all departments
- Interviews, selects, trains, appraises, coaches, counsels and disciplines management according to Loews standards.
- Assists department managers in ensuring high level of guest satisfaction and ensure complaints are addressed appropriately.
- Development of Department Leaders to ensure empowerment, growth and autonomy.
- Management, inventory control, pricing of relevant departmental needs
- Budget development, forecasting and financial strategic planning
- Attends all required meetings to keep abreast of in house activities and upcoming events. Attends networking events
- Communicates daily with outlet managers to obtain and provide current information regarding daily activities and functions
- Interacts frequently with guests to ensure total satisfaction and resolves issues in a positive and professional manner
- Evaluates changes in guest needs, hotel mix and industry competitive set and recommends and implements the appropriate products and services that are necessary to ensure guest and team member satisfaction while maintaining market dominance and exceptional financial performance.
As a member of the Loews Annapolis Hotel Executive committee, the Director of Operations will be eligible to participate in the following benefits:
- Excellent Incentive program
- Low cost health, dental and vision benefits
- paid life insurance
- Paid disability
- Health savings accounts
- Flexible spending accounts
- Paid time off including sick, vacation, and holiday pay
- 401k with Company match
- Commuter benefits
- Additional supplemental low cost benefits
- Free dry cleaning
- Free on site parking
- Free signing privileges in the restaurant
- Access to team member travel benefits
Loews Hotel is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work force.
Drug Free employer
The Director of Operations will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities
- Prior, progressive hotel management experience in a full service hotel of similar size and volume.
- Background and strong experience in Food and Beverage, including Banquets with restaurant knowledge.
- Bachelors Degree or higher in Food service management, Culinary Arts or Hospitality management
- Knowledge of Hotel systems including purchasing systems, financial systems
- Experience in Budgeting, forecasting, labor, inventory, payroll, food and beverage cost controls and efficiency
- Proven skills and accomplishments with increased customer and team satisfaction
Preferred knowledge skills and abilities:
- Rooms division background
Interested candidates that have the following knowledge, skills and abilities should submit their resumes to
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, St. Pete Beach, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V