Director of Operations
The Loews Philadelphia Hotel is seeking a Director of Operations to join our team. Loews Philadelphia Hotel offers supremely comfortable 581 guest rooms, including 12 suites and 54 concierge club rooms, all of which are luxuriously appointed and are furnished to suit the needs of both families and business travelers. Loews Philadelphia Hotel features 42,000 square feet of versatile conference space. For more information about the Loews Philadelphia Hotel please visit http://www.loewshotels.com/Philadelphia-Hotel.
The Director of Operations serves as an active member of the Executive Committee and is responsible for overseeing the provision of world-class service and operations to our hotel guests. Functions as the strategic business leader of the property's Hotel Operations, areas of responsibility will include Front Office, Star Service, VIP, Guest Services (Bell & Door), Spa/Health Club, Housekeeping, Food & Beverage/Culinary, Security, The Club Level, Overnight Cleaning and Valet Operations. This position is responsible working with direct reports and management heads on the development and implementation of departmental strategies in regards to the brand initiatives and service. Plans, organizes, directs, schedules leadership and coordinates the operations; meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand’s target customer and employees and provides a return on investment and a consistent, upscale customer experience. Focuses on growing revenues and maximizes the financial performance of the department and develops positive owner relations and executing on high levels of guest satisfaction. In addition he/she will actively participate in all Loews Hotels Good Neighbor Programs in the surrounding community.
- Works with Front Desk, Star Service, VIP, Guest Service (Bell, Door) and Valet leadership to ensure highest level of service, efficient operations and compliance with all Loews Standards.
- Ensures all daily tasks at the F.O. are being completed and assisting if necessary
- Oversees the satisfaction of all guest requests and the resolution of all complaints received by all listed departments
- Supervises all Front Office Manager, Assistant Front Office Managers, Guest Service Manager, VIP Manager, Night Manager, Star Service Manager and Valet Account Manager – and offers guidance and support to entire supervisory and line team.
- Works closely with other department heads for any operational needs and fluid interface
- Works closely with Valet Account Manager and District Manager to ensure operations are meeting Loews expectations
- Works with Reservation Manager, and Revenue Manager to determine daily room rates based on occupancy and revenue goals
- Works with Conference Managers, and Sales Managers to satisfy all special group requests
- Communicates daily with outlet managers and assistants to obtain/provide information regarding daily activities/functions and any upcoming events.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of food and beverage planning, inventory control, cost containment, production, presentation/service, and menu pricing
- Ability to assist with the theme of the various restaurants, beverage outlets, or group functions
- Ability to develop and maintain effective operating and control processes designed to attain maximum operating efficiency while ensuring adherence to established guest service criteria
- Proven track record in the hotel industry demonstrating achievement of outstanding profit and guest service related goals
- Assist all Department Managers in ensuring high level of guest satisfaction and ensure all complaints are addressed appropriately
- Monitors Service scores and praises or holds department managers accountable for performance
- Monitors and manages labor in all areas
- Develops departmental incentive and staff motivation programs; recommends changes to improve departmental efficiency, effectiveness and guest satisfaction
- Develops the Customer touch points and customer journey to ensure the guest experience exceeds established thresholds
- Evaluates individual Directors/Managers performances, determining improvement and training needs and advancement requirements
- Mentors and develops his/hers Leadership Team and helps them identify career paths; sets goals and ensure each department operates with sufficient inventories of needed supplies
- Monitors and ensures adherence as well as training to all Loews Hotels Star Service Standards are met and maintained
- Holds weekly and monthly department meetings designed to provide necessary contact and operating information for all departmental TM’s
- Schedules leadership team members based off of business demands and customer expectations/needs
- Familiar with and able to troubleshoot problems with the following systems:key encoding, call accounting, in-room movies, video checkout, electronic data capture, Hot SOS and PMS interface control
- Coordinates hotel participation in Loews First and other corporate Marketing programs
- Ensures the provision of all appropriate information and collateral materials to package guests
- Ensures accurate communication of information to guest regarding all hotel facilities and operating hours
- Manages guests’ complaints and ensures follow-up to all MOD logs
- Coordinates all Trip Advisor comments and solicits guests positive feedback on responses
- Attends and participates in monthly departmental meetings for every operational department
- Ability to make critical decisions on daily issues that arise
- Oversees all departmental; budgets, forecasts and schedules
- Keeps the Managing Director apprised of all significant happenings in both the Room Division and/ or Food & Beverage operations.
- Attends all required hotel meetings to keep abreast of in-house activities/promotions and upcoming events; maintain communication with other departments within the hotel
- Oversees the contract cleaning crew’s performance on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and participates on walk-throughs
- Complete other assigned duties as directed by the Managing Director
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation:
Six to eight years of progressive management experience in large, up-scale, high volume, multi-outlet hotel environment,three to five years as Director of Rooms, preferably with some F&B background
Minimum five years of experience as a Senior Manager of a four-star/four-diamond property
Experience in Hotel or Rooms operations
Has some Experience in Food Service Management, Culinary Arts , Hospitality Management or related field
- Extensive knowledge of all hotel departments
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written
- Excellent guest service skills
- Knowledge of computer programs utilized in property management
Excellent planning, effective management, leadership, organizational, guest services and communication skills
- Required to work a flexible schedule based off of business demands, including weekends and holidays (normal demands are busiest on the weekends).
Education: Bachelor Degree in Hospitality Management or related field, or equivalent experience.
Experience: Minimum five years in hotel operations management experience as a Division Head
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, St. Pete Beach, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V