At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ management experience in the hospitality industry. Knowledge of Micros.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills.
- Good Communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to make quick decisions in high stress situations.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Pleasant and positive personality.
- Well organized.
- Strong Computer Skills.
- Plan and direct the functions of administration and planning of the Food and Beverage and Rooms Divisions to meet the daily needs of the operation.
- Clearly describe, assign and delegate responsibility and authority for the operation of the various food and beverage and rooms sub-departments, e.g. room service, restaurants, banquets, kitchens, steward, AV, coffee breaks, front desk, guest services, housekeeping, laundry etc.
- Develop, implement and monitor schedules for the operation of all F&B outlets and Rooms departments to achieve a profitable result.
- Participate with the chefs and restaurant managers in the creation of attractive and merchandising menus designed to attract a predetermined customer market.
- Implement effective control of food, beverage and labor costs among all sub-departments.
- Assist the managers in establishing and achieving predetermined profit objectives and desired standards of quality food, service, cleanliness, merchandising and promotion.
- Regularly review and evaluate the degree of customer acceptance of the individual outlets, to recommend new operating and marketing policies whenever declining or constant sales imply dissatisfaction by the customers, a material change in the make-up or the customer market, or a change in the competitive environment.
- Develop (with the aid of sub-department heads) operating tools necessary and incidental to modern management principles, e.g. budgeting, forecasting purchase specifications, recipes, portion specifications, menu abstracts, food production control, job descriptions, etc.
- Establishes and implements realistic and effective operating and capital budgets and forecasts and compares actual operating results with budgeted projections; facilitates operational profitability through proper anticipation and adjustment of hotel operations.
- Conducts and/or attends meetings to maintain favorable working relationships among company employees and promote maximum morale, productivity and efficiency.
- Ensures proper training of all food and beverage and room’s division employees.
- Continuously evaluate the performance and encourage improvement of the personnel in all of the food and beverage and conference services departments.
- Plan and administer a training and development program within the departments which will provide well trained employees at all levels and permit advancement for those persons qualified and interested in career development.
- Lead the hotel in the absence of the General Manager; making decisions, providing direction, and giving support to ensure hotel’s operation has no gaps in service or standards.