Director of Nursing/Resident Services Director - RN
Allegro Senior Living LLC
Location: US - MO - St. Louis
Allegro Management Company is a well-respected leader and expert in the senior living industry with a long-standing reputation of efficiently managing senior communities. Allegro Management Company operates communities throughout Florida, Kentucky, Missouri, and Georgia, with a home office in St. Louis, MO.
Allegro is HOME. Conveniently located on Bellevue Avenue near the SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital campus, Allegro is bringing luxury senior living to Richmond Heights. We are proud to bring our 40-year history and experience to the St. Louis metropolitan area, home of our company headquarters. Allegro strives to bring comfort, convenience and quality care for seniors who want and deserve the best.
The 4-story Assisted Living & Memory Care community will focus on delivering an inspired lifestyle, offering best practices in programing and design. Residents will enjoy upscale services and amenities including outdoor balcony dining, stadium theater, fitness center, full-service salon & spa and therapy services. Go beyond the typical and experience the values of Allegro.
The Resident Services Director (RSD) is responsible for oversight of the day to day activities in Assisted Living (AL), including resident services, staff management, general administration and physical maintenance. Provision of excellent resident services in accordance with all applicable law and regulations to achieve a deficiency-free survey is essential. Supervision of the AL must be in strict accordance with Allegro policies and procedures, with an emphasis on effective and efficient realization of the owner's goals. The RSD must keep in mind that maintaining excellent service, high occupancy, and high resident and staff satisfaction is always the goal of the Community.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Support a safe environment for all the residents, their visitors and the staff of the AL Department regarding infection control and life safety.
- Create an individualized service plan for each resident in AL with input from Care Staff, updating per policy and as needed. Ensure Care Staff maintains current knowledge of residents activities of daily living (ADL) needs and requirements.
- Supervise and assist the Care Team in provision of routine care of the residents according to federal and state law/regulations and Allegro policy, striving to help residents achieve and maintain the greatest level of independence possible.
- Communicate with families, residents and appropriate health care providers regarding areas of concern, and collaborate to find solutions.
- Monitor overall health and wellbeing of the residents and evaluate resident condition according to state regulations and Allegro policy. Immediately report all changes in residents condition with recommendations and evaluations to the Community Director.
- Interact with the residents physician, pharmacist, medical personnel and families/responsible party as needed and required by pertinent law and regulations, and Allegro policy.
- Approach all encounters with residents and staff in a friendly, professional, service-oriented manner.
- Establish good working relationships with residents utilizing Whole-hearted Listening skills and in accordance with Allegro policies.
- Identify the ongoing needs of residents in order to maintain the highest level of wellbeing.
- Observe, report and record changes in residents condition or needs, reporting these to the Community Director according to Allegro policy, and to other healthcare providers as appropriate.
- Supervise the storage, distribution and discontinuation of residents medications in accordance with state regulations and Allegro policy.
- Work closely with the Sales & Marketing Department to assure timely assessment of prospects and new residents; assist with the coordination of move-ins and move-outs.
- Implement and maintain an accurate file for each resident in AL.
- Listen for and respond to the resident emergency call system.
- Encourage and remind residents to attend and participate in daily activities when possible.
- Work with the Lifestyle Departments to create activities of interest for current residents.
- Strive to achieve and maintain 100% compliance with the appropriate federal, state and local regulations and comply with all surveys conducted by the licensing authority.
- Monitor the status of market-ready apartments in AL.
- Participate in the community Safety Committee.
- Manage the collection and disposal of bio hazardous waste.
- Research ways to improve AL operations and vendor services, with a focus on provision of quality service for the best price (including appropriate prior authorization on capital expenditure purchases).
- Maintain Department compliance with the operating budget through use of purchase order system and budget control procedures.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual operating budget for owner's approval.
- Work closely and maintain daily communications with the Assistant Resident Services Director and/or Program Director for Memory Care in administering and managing the Department, thereby ensuring continuity of care and services for the residents.
- Hold scheduled department meetings for training or communication purposes.
- Establish and follow emergency and risk management procedures for AL and train personnel accordingly.
- Perform ongoing inspections of AL for appearance, safety and maintenance issues.
- Ensure proper maintenance and control of all AL equipment, to guarantee proper operation.
- Attend and participate in all meetings and training as directed by Company policy and the Community Director.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when on duty.
- Report any and all deferred maintenance, vandalism or hazardous situations to the Community Director as discovered and take appropriate action as necessary.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident, staff, Community and Company information deemed as such.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Licensed RN in good standing with the state licensing agency, as required by state regulations.
- CPR/AED certification is required.
- AL certification as required by state regulations.
- Minimum two (2) years experience in Long Term Care, AL, or other equivalent geriatric care with AL training, with demonstrated sensitivity to the needs of the elderly.
- At least one (1) year supervisory experience.
- Must be comfortable with computer use and have a working knowledge of appropriate Microsoft Office programs. Previous experience with computerized resident documentation systems a plus.
- Good organizational/time management skills, including appropriate delegation and the ability to multi-task, are a must.
- D emonstrated problem solving and decision making ability is vital;
- Requires superior verbal communication and rapport building skills, including the ability to collaborate with other departments.
- Must be able to clearly communicate in writing, including report-writing.
- Must have a positive Criminal Background Screening.
- Must pass a physical having no signs or symptoms of a communicable disease including tuberculosis where required. Freedom from tuberculosis must be documented on an annual basis where r