A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Director of Marketing
Balboa Bay Resort is seeking a highly motivated, self-determined, dynamic individual with a strong commitment to outstanding service to join our team as Director of Marketing.
Are you a fast thinking individual that meets challenges with enthusiasm and urgency in a fast-paced luxury hospitality environment? Do you take pride in your ability to motivate and lead a team to provide outstanding guest satisfaction and quality service? Are you pro-active and results oriented and enjoy an environment that cultivates providing consistent exceptional service and attending to every detail each time?
If the answer is YES, Balboa Bay Resort, one of Pacific Hospitality Group's premier resorts, is looking for you!
The Director of Marketing directs and manages the daily operation of the Marketing Departments to ensure their operations are functioning at the highest level in accordance with Resort standards while consistently exceeding guests' expectations, supporting and nurturing Team Members and fulfilling ownership's operational and financial objectives.
Oversees the planning, implementation and evaluation of all marketing activities including positioning, placement, advertising, digital media and public relations. Creates and implements marketing strategies and tactics that ensure that all marketing activities focus on maintaining the unique positioning of the properties and achieving maximum revenue for rooms and revenue centers.
Duties & Responsibilities
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Develops the properties annual marketing plan and budget with overall strategy to increase revenues, control expenses and provide a return on investment on marketing spends.
- Creates and maintains strategic alliances and community partners with local, national and other organizations to further increase brand/product awareness. Develops long-term relationships and partnerships by maintaining consistent communications and events. Partnerships typically include local Chambers of Commerce, area alumni offices, historical societies, key business organizations, top nonprofits, etc.
- Develops and implements innovative communications, public relations and media relations programs to increase awareness and present a positive perception of the resort to grow market share, maximize revenue and profitability. Develops media programs and may act as designated company spokesperson with the media to meet property's goals. Coordinates press FAM trips and journalists' property visits. Plans and directs the development of all media informational materials, photography, newsletters and other communications necessary to publicize and promote the property and programs.
- Monitors customer reviews on all social media sites and responds to all posts in a timely manner to maintain favorable online reputation management. Seeks opportunities to enhance positive customer reviews and post testimonials. Maintains property listings on third party sites. Works with public relations consultants and vendors to promote property.
- Manages the resort's social media strategy and provides regular communications on all identified social media sites/blogs, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc. Cross-promotes with other PHG properties. Conducts outreach to key social media influencers to arrange hosted visits and partnerships for favorable coverage of the resort.
- Manages the relationship with the resort's advertising agency and all resort branding to include online ads, PPC campaigns, website, collateral (digital and print), email marketing, CRM and event programming. Develops separate campaigns for Spa, meetings and signature restaurant.
- Analyzes requirements of marketing opportunities. Researches and maintains knowledge of market trends, competition and customers. Provides periodic reports regarding success of programs.
- Maintains detailed information about alliances/partnerships and enters data into property's computer systems. Maintains media contacts lists.
- Attends Business Review Meetings. Acts as an advisor to management by tracking public attitudes and making General Manager/management team aware of the possible consequences of prospective decisions. Travels as needed to meet with partners, alliances, other PHG properties, etc. Attends property events and designated trade or media events
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
- Oversees all photo shoots and on-site filming.
- Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority, otherwise refers the matter to upper management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events or circumstances.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor's degree in public relations, journalism, communications, hospitality or related field desired.
- Normally requires five or more years of related hospitality marketing experience. Solid experience using multiple social media platforms to market property and respond to guest feedback.
- Possess a solid knowledge about the culture, attractions and history of the area and property. Awareness of current events and market competition (publicity, packages, events, etc.) Excellent media, community and business contacts locally, regionally and nationally. Ability to develop and implement successful marketing strategies. Ability to develop and maintain effective sale processes designed to attain maximum revenue while ensuring adherence to established operating criteria.
- Completes all required training as scheduled.
- Must have strong organizational skills to plan press FAM trips, prepare press releases, create newsletters, prepare e-blasts as well as organize direct mail pieces.
- Requires ability to determine needs of customers and persuasively present marketing information through verbal face-to-face, written, social media, web telephone interactions. Must be able to create and effectively provide marketing presentations and materials to potential customers. Contacts sometimes contain confidential/sensitive information so requires ability to use discretion. Must demonstrate positive attitude and professional demeanor. Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to deliver quality presentations to public groups. Requires strong written communication skills and ability to create newsworthy events and successful campaigns.
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Must be able to solve problems and remain calm and alert if dealing with difficult guest, during busy activity periods or in an emergency situation.
- Requires working knowledge of MS Office applications, Publisher, Photoshop and ability to learn and use telephone and computer systems used at the property.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, Team Members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the property. Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts. Position requires working from property location.
- Must maintain a clean appearance and professional demeanor.
Special Skills & Abilities/Mental and Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of the job the Team Member regularly sits for sustained periods of time and stands and walks occasionally when working with potential customers to present information and tour the property. The Team Member occasio
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.