Director of Market Sales
We believe in the importance of recognizing and rewarding outstanding performance, and last year, over 58% of our management team were promoted from within! TMI Hospitality Hospitality offers endless opportunities and growth potential throughout our more than 220 hotels across the United States. At TMI Hospitality we take pride as owners and are driven to be the best in the industry!
To be a great leader, you need great people behind you - well trained, goal oriented and energetic. People that emanate a sense of ownership. If you're looking for a fresh approach to your career, apply now. After all, you deserve the best!
The Director of Market Sales is responsible for planning and administering sales policies and programs to foster and promote hotel patronage for two or more properties in a single market area.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develops and maintains marketing plan and sales budget with the General Manager and Director of Regional Sales.
• Provides sales training to staff of hotel as applicable.
• Participates in Revenue Management strategies using such tools as Star reports, demand analysis and applicable front office systems.
• Schedules and completes sales appointments.
• Conducts a required amount of sales activities including telemarketing, cold calls, e-mailing and prospecting.
• Organizes, maintains, and tracks sales data.
• Completes requests of General Manager and other management personnel, as applicable.
• May be required to supervise hotel personnel in the absence of more senior management.
• May supervise Sales Manager position as assigned. Duties include selection, training, development and appraising performance as well as planning and directing work assignments of personnel.
• Other duties as assigned.
• One-year certificate from college or technical school and three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Valid Driver's license required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Requires the ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions and uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations; includes the ability to respond promptly to customer needs and requests for service and assistance.
• Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
• Knowledge of, and ability to, appropriately interpret and follow policies and procedures.
• Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to audience, whether oral or written.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlooks, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to develop strong relationships with customers/potential customers.
• Ability to interpret and anticipate customers' needs.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Strong organizational and planning skills.
• Basic knowledge of hotel operations.
• Ability to meet the demands of the work schedule, to be at work and on time. May occasionally require the ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours. Schedules may vary based on business need.