Director of Laundry Operations
The Loews Miami Beach Hotel is seeking a Director of Laundry Operations to join our team. Loews Miami Beach hotel is a 4 Diamond Luxury Beach Front Hotel with 790 rooms, 65,000 square feet of meeting space, and 7 Food & Beverage Outlets. For more information on the Hotel, please visit www.loewshotels.com
This position oversees all laundry operations, to include the coordination of production and the preparation of reports to ensure adequate response to respective hotels needs for Guest Room linen/terry, Food and Beverage linen, employee uniforms and guest valet; adherence to established operational budgetary guidelines and federal, state, and locally mandated safety and environmental regulations. Additional responsibilities include staffing, selecting, hiring, training, scheduling and supervising the personnel within the department.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintains appropriate staffing levels through effective forecasting, recruiting, selection, hiring and training
- Oversees supervision of personnel, work assignments, and scheduling of product/equipment usage to maximize performance and productivity of available resources
- Schedules personnel so as to ensure optimum performance of Laundry/Valet department, monitors daily payroll reports to ensure adherence to established budgetary guidelines for labor expense
- Communicates frequently with hotel Executive Housekeeper/F&B managers/Guest Service manager to obtain information necessary to establish production schedules which address the current needs of the individual properties with regard to linen, terry, employee uniforms and guest valet
- Coordinates inventory control and replacement purchase requisition for all guest room linen/terry, food and beverage linen, and employee uniforms
- Produces reports relating to employee/equipment productivity, linen and terry usage, damage/discard statistics necessary to evaluate department performance and assist in maintaining operating par stocks for all guest room / F&B; linen, terry and employee uniform inventories
- Establishes procedures for the Laundry/Valet department, designed to ensure efficient operation and delivery of quality product in a timely manner
- Three to five years progressive management experience in a modern, full service laundry/dry cleaning operation, within the Hospitality industry or a commercial laundry dealing with hospitality clients
- Extensive knowledge of modern laundry and dry cleaning equipment operation and production capabilities
- Knowledge of laundry and dry cleaning chemicals, their use and MSDS safety related requirements
- Effective managerial, leadership and organizational skills
- Effective written and verbal and non-verbal communications skills,
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V