Director of Human Resources
What will it be like to work for a Hilton Worldwide Brand?
Our Team Members are the Heart of Hilton. As extraordinary hospitality professionals, we work together to make Hilton a great place to work and to build rewarding careers for ourselves and our colleagues.
Hilton Worldwide is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton Worldwide has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton Worldwide is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its 13 global brands, which include Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio A Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages the world-class guest reward program Hilton HHonors®.
At Hilton, our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all! Come be a part of our team!
Hilton World Wide Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
As a Director of Human Resources, you will be responsible for the effective management and performance of all Human Resources related activities. This includes talent management, succession planning, learning and development and training, performance management, compensation and benefits, employee relations, and health and safety initiatives. Specifically, a Director of Human Resources will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Plan and forecast the short and long-term talent requirements for the hotel to support its business plans
- Maintain a best practice recruitment approach, including the Company's vacancy management system, to attract the best applicants
- Build a strong career and succession planning system to retain and develop talent
- Implement training and development strategies to continuously improve performance and customer service
- Oversee the hotel's human resources database and payroll system
- Provide a framework for counseling, coaching, and welfare services
- Manage the Opinion Survey and the calendar of Team Member social events
- Manage and resolve, promptly and completely, all employee relations issues
- Maintain an awareness of competitor human resources activities and best practices
A Director of Human Resources serving Hilton Worldwide brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Tertiary qualifications, or other collegiate-level degree, in Human Resources or related field, required
- Previous human resources management experience in the hotel, leisure, and/or retail sector
- Excellent leadership skills and exceptional communication skills
- Strong commercial/business acumen
- A passion for leadership and the vision to create a winning team