JHM Hotels, Inc. Job Opportunities and Hotel Careers
JHM Hotels, Inc. is a national multi-brand hotel company that has developed, acquired, owned, and operated hotels throughout the United States for more than 36 years. These years of growth have earned the company rich and varied experience in every facet of modern hotel development and management.
JHM Hotels has 40 properties with over 6,520 rooms and 1,500 associates with a concentration in key U.S. destinations such as Orlando, Atlanta, Miami, Charleston, SC and soon Washington, DC, along with a five-star luxury hotel in Surat, India. Operating under top performing franchise flags such as Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, and Starwood, JHM is committed to being a premier lodging company. The company's mission statement shares this commitment with guests, associates and ownership.
The JHM "family" has grown by inviting highly qualified, performance-oriented professionals to join their team and continue to add chapters to the JHM Hotels success story. JHM continues to add to its portfolio through a well balanced and long term growth plan. New associates who are excited about developing a career with a dynamic, values-driven company and ready to be challenged are great candidates for becoming a part of this well-established, yet growing company.
JHM Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program.
Candidates are offered an opportunity to explore a work environment where their hard work, dedication, integrity and commitment are the keys to their personal and professional growth. With a long standing history of promotion from within and a low turnover rate, which is significantly below the industry standards, the limits of a hospitality career with JHM are unending.
You will find JHM Hotels driven to be "a premier lodging company", never satisfied with the status quo and always searching for a better way to exceed associate, guest and owner expectations.
The purpose of the Director of Human Resources is to oversee the Human Resources function ensuring a high level of guest satisfaction and service, compliance with prevailing laws; effective inter-hotel communications, recruitment and selection process, training, execution of creative, meaningful associate relations programs and effective associate counseling for the full-service hotel and select-service hotels which have been assigned to them in the property.
Essential Job Functions
- Strong working knowledge of human resources and applicable laws as well as a strong working knowledge of the hospitality industry.
- Conducts recruitment efforts for all personnel; monitors career-pathing program, employee relations counseling, attends job fairs, seminars, meetings and HR events.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Assist GM’s at property with disciplinary actions;
- Advises management of employee relations issues.
- Coordinate all HRIS adjustments, changes, updates, and input for property.
- Coordinate all Performance Evaluations with General Managers for associates in the property.
- Assist associates with benefits including, but not limited to: new hire enrollment, resolve associate coverage claims and card issues, transmit enrollment, dependent changes, cancellation forms in a timely manner; report changes, communications problems, updates and concerns to plans(s), etc. and to manage; maintain on-going contact with providers regarding plan issues/concerns; reconcile benefit provider invoices as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains property records and reports. Participate in staff meetings as requested.
- Coordinate Safety Committees and Meetings with the General Managers within the Property; training materials will be provided by the Director of Training & Development.
College degree preferably in Hotel Administration; 2-3 years Human Resources Manager/Generalist or Supervisor experience or equivalent combination of education and experience; Previous HR experience in hospitality preferred.
JHM Hotels is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer. All applicants are subject to background and substance abuse screening prior to any offer of employment.