Director of Housekeeping - Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center
Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center
Location: US - MA - Framingham
Director of Housekeeping / Executive Housekeeper
The Director of Housekeeping / Executive Housekeeper is responsible for managing the day-to-day and long term operations of Housekeeping and related departments by developing and implementing strategies and services which meet the needs of owners, associates and guests. Accountable for the overall cleanliness and sanitation of the hotel’s guest, and non-guest areas.
Participate in the development of business strategies which are aligned with the overall objectives of the hotel:
- Develop and implement business strategies for housekeeping, laundry and pool areas (as applicable).
- Monitor status regularly and adjusts strategies as appropriate.
Manage the operation of the Housekeeping department and related areas:
- Conduct regular inspections of the entire hotel to ensure adherence to cleanliness, sanitation and maintenance standards. Inspect guest rooms, public space and back-of-the house areas continually. Coordinate room maintenance needs with the Engineering department.
- Monitor department for compliance to safety standards.
- Develop and implement processes and procedures within Housekeeping, which support achievement of overall service and financial goals.
- Prepare annual Housekeeping budget; monitor achievement of budget and take corrective steps as appropriate.
- Schedule associates in accordance with forecasted occupancy; adjust staffing as necessary.
- Control operating and payroll expense.
- Oversee inventory, purchasing, disbursement and cost control for all linens, cleaning supplies, guestroom amenities, restroom supplies, laundry supplies, machines and equipment.
Create guest satisfaction by providing associates with the training and resources they need to maximize associate engagement, deliver quality results and promote teamwork:
- Manage the selection, training and development of all Housekeeping associates.
- Communicate and reinforce the vision for exceptional service to associates.
- Ensure that associates provide exceptional genuine hospitality; foster a teamwork environment.
- Coordinate the department’s activities with other departments to facilitate increased levels of communication and guest satisfaction.
- Monitor Guest Satisfaction survey scores. Reward associates for positive results; develop and implement action plans to correct deficient areas.
- Seek guest feedback and review management reports in order to develop strategies to improve department and hotel services.
Develop and implements strategies and practices which support associate engagement:
- Recruit and select qualified candidates.
- Provide associates with the orientation and training needed to understand expectations and perform job responsibilities. Develop and implement process for providing associates with guest service, technical, security and safety training on an on-going basis.
- Communicate performance expectations and provide associates with continuous feedback.
- Provide associates with coaching and counseling as needed to achieve performance objectives and reach their full potential.
- Conduct effective monthly associate meetings and counseling session
Candidates most successful in this role will display the following characteristics:
- Strategic Thinking – Able to look at the “big-picture”, focused on tactical aspects of the job, with emphasis on schedule and quality; Sets and achieves high standards for self and others; task-focused.
- Leadership – Leads by example: is a technical expert in the position and does work required of subordinates; Possesses strong follow-through to ensure standards are met in an efficient manner; process and detail oriented.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; adheres to hotel and company standards; supports organization's goals and values; makes informed decisions based on expertise.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in an authoritative but tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; able to work in a hectic environment at a faster-than-average pace with ease; accepts responsibility for own actions;
- Loyalty - Follows instructions, has a strong commitment to completing tasks efficiently; takes work seriously; has a strong sense of duty, and is disciplined.
- Efficient, Detail Oriented
- Superior Communication (written & verbal) & Customer Service Skills
- Previous experience working with Hospitality Property Mangement Systems
- Superior Computer Skills & Technical Knowledge (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- High level of professionalism
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, manage time (faster-than-average pace), meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Proven ability to successfully manage and develop others
- High school or equivalent education required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Five+ years of progressive, related experience required. Supervisory role within a hotel Housekeeping Department highly desired. Experience in a similarly sized hotel with similar business model preferred.
- Walking, climbing stairs and standing are required throughout most of the working day. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task. Standing may include 4-8 hours with only a few rest periods in any given day. Must be able to sit at a desk for 2-4 hours on occasion.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. occasionally.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. regularly and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
Hospitality is a 24/7 industry therefore, candidates should be willing to work weekends and holidays as needed.
EOE - M/F/D/V/SO