A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Balboa Bay Resort is seeking a highly motivated, self-determined, dynamic individual with a strong commitment to outstanding service to join our team as Director of Housekeeping
Are you a fast thinking individual that meets challenges with enthusiasm and urgency in a fast paced luxury hospitality environment? Do you take pride in your ability to motivate and lead a team to provide outstanding guest satisfaction and quality service? Are you pro-active and results oriented and enjoy an environment that cultivates providing consistent exceptional service and attending to every detail each and every time?
If the answer is YES, Balboa Bay Resort, one of Pacific Hospitality Group's premier resorts, is looking for you!
The Director of Housekeeping directs and manages the daily operation of the Housekeeping and Laundry Departments to ensure their operations are functioning at the highest level in accordance with Resort standards while consistently exceeding guests' expectations, supporting and nurturing Team Members and fulfilling ownership's operational and financial objectives.
- Supervises and motivates all Housekeeping and laundry Department staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with policies, training programs, and applicable laws. Responsibilities include recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Monitors and maintains high level of guestroom quality cleaning, event areas, storage areas, restrooms and public areas and offices; maintains deep cleaning program and spots checks vacant rooms and spaces, public spaces, storage areas and rest areas daily and addresses imperfections
- Ensures care of guest laundry garments, and the control and maintenance of Team Member uniforms
- Ensures that Laundry personnel are well trained and appropriately operate commercial laundry/dry cleaning equipment while maximizing performance and productivity
- Controls labor and expenses by ensuring proper staffing; productivity and inventory levels are consistent and accurate; evaluates, measures and tracks all service, performance and productivity standards
- Maintains and generates data reports regarding budgets and service enhancements
- Trains and oversees employee compliance with OSHA standards regarding proper usage and dilution of chemical products equipment safety and usage, as well as blood-borne pathogen precautions and procedures. Refers to Manual for all OSHA standards
- Regularly inventories supplies and equipment and purchases supplies as needed within budget
- Manages room and villa preventative maintenance program
- 3 years minimum progressive experience in Housekeeping Management position
- Must work weekends, holidays, and be flexible to work AM/PM shifts according to business demands
- Long hours sometimes required
Ideal candidate will have:
- Bilingual (Spanish) strongly preferred
- Opera experience a plus
- 4/5 star FORBES experience preferred
- Ability to remain calm and pleasant under stressful situations
- Displays effective and pleasant speaking and listening abilities when communicating with guests and/or other resort team members
- Must be able to work well with all people at all levels in the organization
- Able to coach and motivate team members and be a leader
- Delegate tasks in an efficient manner and collaborate/assist as needed
- Possesses customer service excellence
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team
- Adaptable, flexible, positive attitude
- Experience in conducting and leading meetings
- Regular attendance is essential for this position
- Computer literate, experience working with ADP time and attendance, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit, use hands to reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch. Ability to work in environment of varying temperatures and able to work with and around commercial laundry equipment and supplies, including necessary chemical agents used in the cleaning and laundering process. Must be able to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and lift and/or move supplies, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Frequent visits to individual resort properties, of such facilities which have a wide diversity of topography are required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Finger dexterity is required to operate a computer keyboard, calculator and other office/IT equipment.
For more information about this hotel and Pacific Hospitality Group (PHG), click on Hotel Portfolio tab and About PHG.
Balboa Bay Resort is an equal opportunity and E-Verify employer M/F/V/D
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.