Director of Housekeeping
Great Wolf Lodge New England
Location: US - MA - Fitchburg
Aug 10, 2017
Great Wolf Lodge New England
- Willingness to accept the most effective role.
- Responsible for the promotion of a safe and professional workplace through adhering to policies and procedures as outlined in the Great Wolf Resorts handbook.
- Participates fully in Project Green Wolf, our company-wide environmental sustainability initiative, which includes, but is not limited to, recycling, waste reduction, and energy and water conservation.
- Trains new employees and provides continued training for current employees.
- Insures the cleanliness of resort (rooms and public area).
- Oversees the safe keeping and record keeping of resort guests' lost and found.
- Schedules (or approves schedules) for housekeeping department, including laundry, public area, room attendants, housemen, stockmen, bed makers, assistants, and floor managers.
- Completes and communicates maintenance work orders.
- Ensures guest requests are handled in a professional and timely manner.
- Ensures accuracy of nightly housekeeping reports and investigates discrepancies.
- Attends weekly director's meeting and communicate information to housekeeping staff members.
- Ensures employment forms are completed and submitted, including personnel attendance logs.
- Investigates, reports and records inappropriate behavior by staff, guests or suspicious persons.
- Conducts linen and supply inventories monthly to submit to General Manager.
- Maintains proper staffing levels. Ensures linen storage rooms, trash rooms, and housekeeping carts are clean, organized, and properly inventoried for next day's activities.
- Ensures combustible substances are removed from storage areas.
- Ensures housekeeping areas meet fire chief and state fire inspector standards.
- Development, implementation, and monitoring of programs that assures a safe facility and work environment that is in compliance with all appropriate regulations--Ergonomics, Emergency Responses, Injury and Illness Prevention, and Hazard Communications Programs.
- Assists floor managers.
Charismatic leader who adjusts leadership style to motivate diverse groups to achieve extraordinary goals and overcomes challenges.
Inspires and motivates team members to work together and achieve success beyond expectations.
Excellent management skills including conflict resolution, coaching, development and teamwork.
Takes an exhaustive approach to every task.
Committed to comprehensive and in-depth analysis, planning and implementations of every work task.
Development, implementation, and monitoring of programs that assure a safe facility and work environment that is incompliance with all appropriate regulations--Ergonomics, Emergency Responses, Injury and Illness Prevention, and Hazard Communications Programs.
Extensive experience in hotel or resort management required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veterans' status.
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
Rooms - Housekeeping, Rooms - Rooms Director