About The Camby Hotel
Blending imagination, sophistication and a spirit of celebration, The Camby promises not only an elegant urban respite, but also a vibrant and engaging experience for those who prefer to add a bit of flavor to their business and distinction to their play.
Tradition meets invention at The Camby, beginning with statement-making design that pairs classic columns and stately marble with splashes of contemporary flair. This bold and inspired balance of authenticity and cutting-edge style extends into food, art, entertainment and more.
Here, guests will be part of a community of like-passioned people who appreciate both the classic and the trending. And who want to be part of it all. The Camby taps into the cultural conversation, connecting all who crave share-worthy interaction with unique characters and experiences during their travels.
A captivating experience in every aspect of hospitality, The Camby inventively satisfies guests' desires for the restful and playful, refinement and entertainment, and the timeless and au courant. Operating under Marriott Internationals Autograph Collection brand, The Camby is 'Exactly like nothing else'.
IN 2016, DESTINATION AND COMMUNE STARTED A NEW JOURNEY TOGETHER. We set off to create the most extraordinary independent hospitality company in the world. By combining two brands that embody freedom and discovery, we have assembled an unrivaled collection of unique properties, passionate people, and remarkable experiences from across the globe. No other company can lead this journey and feed the endless curiosity of today's fiercely individual traveler. We are in the business of individuality. It's the hallmark of our entire portfolio, running through all of our collections and each one of our properties. It describes every guest, owner, and team member. And it's the centerline down the road we are on. We don't know where the next fork in the road will take us, but we do know we'll enjoy the journey. We welcome you to join us.
- Demonstrate expertise and knowledge of all services/features, hours of operations, room types, daily house count and expected arrivals/departures, room availability status, scheduled in-house group activities to anticipate and respond to guest inquiries promptly and accurately
- Prepare and properly distribute room assignment sheets to scheduled staff and ensure assignments are completed at the end of each shift
- Demonstrate financial acumen and prepare forecasts, monitor daily reports and control the expenses per the department budget without sacrificing the quality of product and/or services
- Consistently perform inspections and maintain safety and cleanliness of guest rooms, public space and heart-of-house areas; effectively manage the maintenance program according to standards
- Instills a calm, organized approach when interacting in stressful situations; approach internal and external guest opportunities with a sense of heartfelt care and urgency; provide prompt follow-up to ensure 100% guest satisfaction
- Ensure that sufficient staffing is present to meet the daily business demands
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and follow proper protocol to secure and protect pertinent data
- Foster and maintain strong, positive and supportive relationships with team members across all departments through effective communication and collaboration of exchanging ideas for best practices
- Take ownership to recruit, hire, train and successfully support and manage the talent of all new and existing team members
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED or minimum of five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- College degree preferred
- Minimum of five years supervisory experience in a high volume setting preferred
- Previous hospitality experience in a Four Diamond quality organization preferred
- Previous experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, etc. experience required.
- Opera property management system, HotSOS, and REX highly desirable.
- Must be able to understand, speak, read, and write in the English language. Bi-lingual English/Spanish highly desirable.
- Ability to effectively communicate and provide directions in a clear, concise and professional manner in both verbal and written form
- Demonstrate ability to compute basic arithmetic
- Must be available to work varied shifts and flexible schedules