HEI views our associates as our greatest resource, and we hire and develop the best. We have a culture of winning, we embrace change, thrive on challenge and always seek to surpass our personal bests. Defined by our unique business platform, our environment is fast-paced, expansive and ever-evolving, yet stable, consistent, enduring. It is a high-performance culture where innovation and entrepreneurial spirit are evident; initiative and results are rewarded.
Our people know they're in on the ground floor of a company with all the cornerstones of success in place: experienced leaders, steady investors, a strong track record and long - term career potential. And in turn, each of our associates thrive because HEI's distinctly advantaged infrastructure creates a supportive, educational culture as well as unlimited opportunities for personal and professional success on every level.
An engaging, high-energy environment, HEI presents a rare career opportunity: the chance to shape a powerful leader in the hospitality industry.
* At least five years revenue management experience, hotel sales department experience preferred
* Bachelor's Degree in Hotel Administration, Business, Statistics, Marketing, Finance or relevant field of work preferred.
Skills and Knowledge
* Strong analytical skills, ability to identify relevant data and use it to draw inferences with reference to impact on hotels revenues
* Knowledge of competitive market
* Ability to use PMS, reservation and revenue management systems and Delphi systems to implement optimal strategies. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, strength in Word and Excel.
* Extensive knowledge of sales skills, revenue management, recruitment, supervision, training, and motivation of managers.
* Ability to stand and move throughout the hotel property and continuously perform essential job functions.
* Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills, command of the English language both written and verbal
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
* Optimize RevPAR by analyzing/forecasting demand and establishing effective selling strategies, oversell strategies, and optimal market mix, including group, transient, wholesale catering revenues etc.
* Manage and update current selling strategies and product information in all available distribution channels/reservation sources (onsite, third-party reservation providers, call centers, websites, GDS, etc.)
* Organize and facilitate Daily and Weekly Sales and Revenue Strategy meetings. Attend sales department, executive committee and related meetings.
* Direct and manage all group, transient, and catering/banquet sales activities to maximize revenue for the hotel.
* Conduct ongoing competitor price and product analyses to ensure proper rate positioning and product offering relative to competition
* Initiate preparation of computerized annual business plan and execute plans as outlined, critically examining and adjusting as deemed necessary by current market conditions for all revenue generating departments
* Direct the solicitation efforts of the sales staff through effective oral and written communication while overseeing rate, date and space commitments for group room sales within the hotel.
* Recruit, Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
* Ensure training programs are conducted regularly and HEI standards of performance are met. Give guidance and counsel staff toward improvement.
* Direct the preparation of reports pertaining to the operation of the Sales Department to include, but not limited to the annual and monthly forecast, lead management system, group booking pace report, star reports and sales meeting minutes.
* Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
* Work with the Regional Director of Revenue Management in recommending and implementing of Revenue Management programs and new initiatives at the hotel.
* Direct and manage all group, transient, and catering/banquet sales activities to maximize revenue for the hotel. Active participant in all pricing decisions for transient, group, and wholesale segments
* Generate and distribute daily, weekly, and monthly revenue management reports and present results from all segments including internet channels. Prepare, implement and compile data for the strategic sales plan, monthly reports, annual goals, sales budget, forecasts and other reports as directed/required.
* Oversee departmental matters as they relate to federal, state, and local employment and civil rights laws in compliance with fair company standards.
* Maintain historical statistical data from all distribution channels, in all market segments
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefits plan that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life Insurance and Short and Long-Term Disability. In addition, our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled