Director of Hotel Operations
Best Western Premier Grand Canyon Squire Inn
Location: US - AZ - Grand Canyon
Job Summary: Directs all aspects of Housekeeping, Reservations, and Front Office operations for a 314-room Hotel.
1. Maintain, through the Executive Housekeeper, the consistent, efficient operation of all housekeeping units, laundry, and lodge attendants. Set standards for guest service and cleanliness.
2. Maintain through the Front Office Manager the courteous and efficient operation of the front desk, and pbx. Ensure high levels of guest satisfaction and accurate receipt reporting.
3. Design department budget and control expenses in line with approved operating budgets. Maximize dollars through upselling techniques and cost reduction programs.
4. Set and maintain department standards. Constantly monitor for substandard conditions and ensure their correction through communication with the Director of Engineering and Maintenance.
5. Enforce all company policies, design department policies, and ensure consistent enforcement within all areas of department.
6. Work with Front Office Manager and Executive Housekeeper for the responsible selection, training and development of staff, including the teaching of supervisory techniques and communication skills.
7. Work closely with other department heads to guarantee cooperative and efficient satisfaction of Rooms Department needs.
8. Work to reduce employee turnover and to boost employee morale.
9. Work to maintain a 90% or above good guest comment level.
Secondary education, preferably a degree in hospitality or business administration. Minimum 5 years related hotel experience with at least 3 years in a leadership capacity.
Must have the ability to direct, train and motivate employees in a positive manner.
Professional appearance and demeanor.
Must be familiar with all phases of front office operations, reservations, housekeeping, and night audit.
Ability to communicate on an executive level both verbally and in written format.
Proven ability to work effectively and efficiently with executive management and other job related professionals.