Tucked away on Mission Bay you will find Paradise Point Resort & Spa, a 44-acre island resort conveniently located next door to SeaWorld and just minutes from the airport, downtown San Diego, and top attractions like the world-famous San Diego Zoo.
Featuring over 462 bungalow-style rooms nestled amongst tropical gardens, lagoons, and beaches, Paradise Point has served as a top destination for Southern California vacations, weddings, and meetings for over 50 years.
You will join a team of incredibly friendly and positive people that are all committed to providing exceptional service to all of our guests. We foster an environment of service and respect where everyone's ideas and points of view are welcomed.
Responsible for the management of all aspects of Guest Service functions, in accordance with hotel standards, including (Front Desk, Bell, Instant Services, and Island Services). Directs implements and maintains a service and management philosophy which serves as a guide to respective staff.
- Practice Paradise Point core values on a daily basis.
- Provide hands-on assistance to Bell Desk, Front Desk, Island Services and Instant Services staff during peak hours.
- Participate in all selection processes for front office staff including, recruitment, interview, and training.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain complete knowledge at all times of:
- all hotel features/services, hours of operation.
- all room types, layout, decor, appointments and location.
- all special packages and promotions.
- daily house count and expected arrivals/departures.
- room availability status for any given day.
- scheduled in-house group activities, locations and times.
- all hotel and departmental policies and procedures.
- Access all functions of departmental operating systems; including SMS, GoConcierge, Outlook and HotSOS.
- Review the daily business levels, anticipate critical situations and plan effective solutions to best expedite these situations. Communicate necessary steps to resolve conflict, anticipate guest needs to all Departments involved.
- Prepare and recommend weekly work schedule adjustments in accordance with staffing guidelines, events and labor forecasts.
- Ensure staff (Bell, Front Desk, and Guest Recreation) has reported to work as scheduled. Document any late or absent employees.
- Coordinate breaks for staff.
- Assign work duties to staff.
- Conduct pre-shift meeting with staff and review all information pertinent to the day's business.
- Inspect grooming and attire of staff; rectify any deficiencies (return home if necessary).
- Inspect, plan and ensure all materials and equipment are in complete readiness for service; rectify deficiencies with respective personnel.
- Constantly monitor staff performance in all phases of service and job functions; rectify any deficiencies with respective personnel to include Front Desk staff, Bell/Door staff, Instant Service staff, and Island Services.
- Monitor the hotel front entrance and resolve any congested situations. Communicate needs to Bell Captain.