This luxury New York City Hotel allows you to experience the sophistication of an Upper East Side residence with an enviable location in the heart of Midtown Manhattan. The Omni Berkshire Place is steps away from Fortune 500 companies and some of the city’s most illustrious sites like Fifth Avenue Shopping, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Rockefeller Center, Central Park, and Broadway Theatres. Combining modern technology and fresh contemporary décor, the reinvented New York City accommodations have a residential feel that will appeal to both business and leisure travelers.
The Omni Berkshire Place’s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Berkshire Place may be your perfect match.Job Description
To oversee all areas of operation relating to the guest experience for Reservations, Front Desk, PBX, and Concierge
Manages Front Desk and PBX directly.
To coordinate and assist the Director of Guest Services with all front lobby service areas including: Bell Staff, Valet Parking and Door Staff.
To oversee all aspects of the Omni Club Level product line. (if applicable)
To oversee all systems and controls aspects of the Front Office.
To oversee the development of all Front Office associates.Responsibilities
- Maintain standards of guest services and a consistent guest experience as documented by Guest Index, Novey, and AAA ratings
- To ensure that the Front Desk and Reservations departments operate at peak efficiency to give a maximum utilization of guestroom availability in attaining high occupancies and with minimum overbooking. To ensure the accuracy of the Front Desk, Reservations, PBX records with direct and open lines of communications to other departments within the hotel.
- Through proper Front Office rooms merchandising procedures, to ensure management of the rate structure, via Reservations and Front Office salesmanship, and meet or exceed average rate goals of the hotel as well as total rooms revenue.
- To ensure all Front Office systems and controls procedures comply with corporate policy and procedures, as evidenced by "Goal" Audits, and minimum levels of bad checks and bad debts.
- To ensure all Front Office payroll costs and other expenses are properly monitored and controlled in accordance with OHC budgets and monthly updates.
- To maintain open and clear communication with all internal departments.
- Takes a lead role in marketing efforts to include Select Guest, ESP, Weekend Packages, Omni Club, and R.M.P.s.
- To ensure accurate occupancy forecasting.
- In conjunction with night audit staff, ensure timely and accurate reporting of daily operating results and statistical information as related to revenue and expenses.
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalency required.
- Must have previous experience in all aspects of the Rooms Division in a property of similar size and quality for a period of five or more years.
- Experience in forecasting & scheduling, daily reviews and analysis of operating results preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of a computer is necessary (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must demonstrate strong leadership skills and the ability to nurture managers-in-training.
- Must be detail-oriented and organized.
- Must be able to work closely and communicate with all associates, departments, guests, and clients in a professional manner.
- Must be highly service-oriented.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.