DIRECTOR OF FRONT OFFICE
Location: US - MA - Boston
Directs and administers all Front Office Operations to insure profitability, control costs and quality standards to ensure total guest satisfaction.
Manages and motivates all front office personnel to include hiring, supervision,
training, communicating objectives for the day, disciplining, scheduling and visually monitoring performance to ensure adherence to all service and productivity standards to provide guest satisfaction.
Checks and controls room reservations, front office systems, supplies inventory, scheduling,
forecasting and department budget to maximize revenue. Compile and prepare financial
reports, including: rate and availability calendar.
Communicates with guests and team members both verbally and in writing to answer
questions and provide clear direction in advising and instructing staff in details of
work. Organize, conduct and/or attend meetings to obtain and disseminate pertinent
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Maintain good communication within hotel and department; conduct and facilitate effective meetings; prepare correspondence, instructions, etc.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management.
- Take actions to ensure high Associate Satisfaction scores as measured by the Associate Opinion Survey. Work with other supervisory and management staff to address all areas to ensure consistent quality work environment.
- Be familiar and able to perform duties on all shifts, including Night Audit.
- Assists in check in/ check out of guests or any related guest service activity.
Perform other duties as requested. For example, special requests from guests.
Participates in Manager on Duty program
Attends training programs which may include travel
Serves as a member of the hotel Executive Committee.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Minimum 2 year front office experience, preferably in a hotel and 6 months supervisory experience. High school diploma preferred.
- Knowledge of reservation systems- Opera is a huge plus
- Must have strong customer service skills.
- Ability to work effectively with independently and as part of a team.
- Must have excellent business communication skills and strong time management skills needed.
- Ability to share or divide attention among several ongoing activities, projects or assignments.
- Ability to interpret and explain company policies and procedures to others.
- Ability to adjust or balance the size of staff based on the new business model in order to maximize productivity or control labor costs without sacrificing customer service. Ability to plan promotional or incentive programs for employees.
EOE M/F/D/V We are an inclusive organization and culture!