The Resort at Squaw Creek, a AAA Four-Diamond resort, is ideally situated at the base of Squaw Valley USA, home of the 1960 Winter Olympics. The Resort at Squaw Creek instills in all of its employees the belief that we are a proud team dedicated to a quality experience for our guests, owners and associates. All members of the Resort at Squaw Creek Team are empowered to provide a quality guest service and an exceptional associate experience.
For all associates, the Resort offers ski pass discounts, free golf play, amenity discounts, national hotel discounts, the diversity of working with people from all over the world, and the ability to work and live in a community of the luxurious mountains of Lake Tahoe where the activities are endless all year round.
The Director Front Office is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Front Office operation. Including, but not limited to, ensuring customer satisfaction (internal and external), financial performance, and employee relations.
- Supervise the training of all Front Office employees and motivate them to perform their jobs effectively.
- Responsible for ensuring that the Front Office is in compliance with all systems, control policies and procedures.
- Monitor and control payroll and other expenses including damaged vehicles.
- Development and monitoring of the Front Office budget.
- Responsible for the overall implementation of the Manager on Duty program in conjunction with the Resident Manager and Director of Rooms.
- Assume Manager on Duty shifts and assign shifts to Assistant Front Office Managers.
- Develop and maintain open lines of communication within the department and with other departments within the Resort.
- Resolve guest problems expediently and in a professional manner.
- Ensure exceptional guest service is delivered at the front desk and guest services.
- Conduct monthly Front Office meetings.
- Schedule staff to reflect daily occupancy and make sure schedule is concurrent with the arrival and departure pattern.
- Direct the efforts of the Assistant Front Office Managers, Front Desk Supervisors, Guest Service Captains, Guest Service Agents and Front Office Agents.
- Attend required meetings as a representative of the Front Office.
- Attend Resort committee meetings, i.e. holiday, technology and safety.
- Handle disciplinary action, coaching and counseling sessions and related personnel issues.
- Ensure all group rooming lists are accurate and to coordinate any special group requests.
- Delegate work among the staff in an equitable manner.
- To be a member of the Emergency Response Team (ERT).
- To assist other departments as required.
- Will perform additional duties as requested by the Assistant General Manager.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Four year college degree, preferably in the hospitality industry.
- Two years experience in a similar resort or conference center.
- Two years of management experience in Front Office or Reservations.
- General computer proficiency.
- Pleasant phone demeanor.
- Advanced knowledge of Front Office computer systems, including the ability to solve system related problems.