Lake Arrowhead Resort Spa is looking for a Food and Beverage Director to Join our Team
High above the frenzied pace of the city, Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa is situated at an elevation of 5,106 feet in the San Bernardino National Forest along the shores of picturesque Lake Arrowhead, with plenty of fresh air and clear-blue sky. Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa is far more than just a picturesque place. It inspires loyal guests to create treasured memories, to celebrate each moment and to rekindle their spirit. It is a state of mind where the ambiance and amenities are merely the gateway to a more majestic experience.
Lake Arrowhead Resort is one of Southern Californias most popular Wedding Destinations. No matter what the season, no matter what you envision - an indoor reception or an outdoor wedding - Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa can fulfill your every dream.
Picture a snow-filled, winter wonderland-style setting or take in the magnificent colors of fall as you and your guests celebrate together in the cozy setting of our beautiful new lake view ballroom. Our large lakefront deck or manicured lawn provide idyllic venues for dreamy spring and summer weddings.
Our world-class hospitality team delivers service and experiences that result in treasured memories
We are currently searching for a Food and Beverage Director to join our team
The primary duties for this position are as follows
1. Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline andor termination when appropriate.
2. Plan and direct the functions of administration and planning of the Food and Beverage Department to meet the daily needs of the operation.
3. Clearly describe, assign and delegate responsibility and authority for the operation of the various food and beverage sub-departments, e.g. room service, restaurants, banquets, kitchens, steward, etc.
4. Develop, implement and monitor schedules for the operation of all food and beverage sub-departments to achieve a profitable result.
5. Participate with Food and Beverage managers in the creation of menus designed to attract a predetermined customer market.
6. Implement effective control of food, beverage and labor costs among all sub-departments to Crescent standards.
7. Abide by all State, Federal and Corporate requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
8. Assist managers in establishing and achieving predetermined profit objectives and desired standards of quality food, service, cleanliness, merchandising and promotion.
9. Regularly review and evaluate the degree of guest satisfaction of the individual restaurants and banquet service, to recommend new operating and marketing policies whenever declining or constant sales imply dissatisfaction by the customers, a material change in the make-up or the customer market, or a change in the competitive environment.
10. Develop operating tools necessary and incidental to modern management principles, e.g. budgeting, forecasting purchase specifications, recipes, portion specifications, menu abstracts, food production control etc.
11. Continuously evaluate the performance and encourage improvement of the associates in the food and beverage department. Plan and administer a training and development program within the department which will provide well trained associate at all levels.
12. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
13. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
14. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to pitch-in and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player. Considerable skill in complex mathematical calculations without error. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts. Ability to move throughout all food and beverage areas and hospitality suites and continuously perform essential job functions. Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system. Ability to observe and distinguish product quality by smell, taste, and appearance. Crescent Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals to apply. EOEMinoritiesVeteransDisabled