A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Paséa Hotel & Spa is seeking a dynamic hospitality individual to join our team as Director of Hotel Food & Beverage.
Are you a fast thinking individual that meets challenges with enthusiasm and urgency in a fast paced hospitality environment? Do you take pride in your ability to motivate and lead a team to provide outstanding guest satisfaction and quality service? Do you enjoy varied activities, possess good follow up skills to ensure the job is done, and have the ability to increase revenue and customer satisfaction while achieving desired results?
If the answer is YES, Paséa Hotel & Spa and Pacific Hospitality Group is looking for you to join as part of the opening team as Director of Hotel Food & Beverage of a brand new 4-Diamond hotel slated to be opened in early 2016.
Paséa Hotel & Spa is part of The Meritage Collection. The Meritage Collection is a new, reimagined experience that offers a variety of distinctive properties in renowned California destinations. From Napa Valley to Santa Barbara to Newport Beach and La Jolla, the Meritage Collection provides a truly inspiring and unique variety of experiences. Each property within the collection offers a perfect balance of life and style that has been reimagined to revive the typical meeting or event. From the upscale accommodations, to the unique amenities, distinctive California locales, personalized service, and invigorating lifestyle products, each guest will find exactly what they came for, and more. No matter which location you visit along the West Coast, you'll discover a uniquely tailored experience and an innovative approach to life and style beyond your expectations or imagination. Life should stimulate the soul, reinvigorate the spirit, and enlighten the mind. Welcome to the Meritage Collection.
The Director of Hotel Food & Beverage reports to the General Manager and is responsible for managing banquets, in room dining, Blend café, catering and conference services. The Director ensures quality presentation and service exceeds customer expectations. This person is in charge of managing all the administrative aspects of the department.
- Provides guidance and direction to ensure overall departmental success. Manages subordinate managers/supervisors in respective food, beverage, and banquet areas. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Responsible for planning department goals and directing team members to achieve results.
- Participates in the hiring process by interviewing potential team members and selecting those that best meet staffing needs. Participates in management training. Follows all Human Resources policies. Ensures staff receives any required training or attends mandatory meetings.
- Prepares annual budget. Achieves budgeted revenues, controls expenses and maximizes profitability within assigned areas. Utilizes corporate approved computer programs to analyze forecasts, cost and revenue reports. Makes decisions and takes action based on that information to maximize profitability. Ensures quality and portion control while minimizing waste or loss of supplies to maintain profitability. Ensures all billing is accurate and prompt.
- Maximizes profitability by optimizing menu prices and selection. Assist in developing and implementing new menu ideas, wine list, pricing and marketing programs.
- Ensures guests receive outstanding, consistent, exceptional service by circulating through each assigned area. Seeks opportunities to improve satisfaction and immediately handles any guest concerns or complaints.
- Ensures all assigned event, dining, service and kitchen areas are clean and properly set up. Maintains sufficient inventory of food, supplies and equipment and orders as needed. Participates in weekly/monthly inventories. Prepares and submits liquor and supply orders. Ensures equipment is properly maintained. Ensures compliance with all food and beverage regulations.
- Monitors SOPs to ensure consistent exceptional service is provided. Assists in developing and updating policies and procedures. Participates in weekly meeting with Food, Beverage and Banquet Management Team to ensure weekly goals, challenges, and service standards are met.
- Ensures department follows all standard food handling, TIPS, sanitation and health department guidelines.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures. Acts on reports of potential safety issues or whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve in emergency situations. OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel provides the required PPE. Team member has responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE or equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager. Maintains strict compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
- Monitors day-to-day event operations to ensure standards of product presentation and service exceed guest expectations and meet or exceed property standards. Takes corrective action as needed. Prepares schedules to ensure staffing levels are optimal.
- Five or more years of related and progressive Food & Beverage experience with two years as a Manager in similar setting.
- Requires working knowledge of MS Office applications and ability to learn and use telephone and computer systems used at the hotel.
- Must complete TIPS® (Training for Intervention Procedures) alcohol awareness certification as scheduled upon employment. Must have a valid current Food Handlers Card or willingness and ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment. Must obtain Serve Safe Certificate within 90 days of employment.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or equivalent combination of education and experience
Ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Hospitality Management desired
- Ability and experience in successfully leading and coordinating staff in a high volume, time sensitive environment. Requires ability to lead others in the department by mentoring and providing training that results in staff that meets/exceeds guest expectations and document provides a high level of guest satisfaction
- Ability to develop and maintain effective operating and control processes designed to attain maximum operating efficiency while ensuring adherence to established operating criteria
- Ability to monitor labor as required by anticipating business activity while ensuring that positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met
- Contacts sometimes contain confidential/sensitive information so requires ability to use discretion
- Must demonstrate positive attitude and professional demeanor. Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Attention to detail
- Must be able to solve problems and remain calm and alert if dealing with difficult guest, during busy activity periods or in an emergency situation
- Strong attentio
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.