The Director of Food & Beverage is responsible for overseeing the operation and staff of all food and beverage departments and to maintain the highest level of standards and efficiency.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the hospitality industry.
- Knowledge of Micros.
- Ability to make quick decisions in high stress situations.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Pleasant and positive personality.
- Well organized.
- Strong Computer Skills.
- Plan and direct the functions of administration and planning of the Food and Beverage Department to meet the daily needs of the operation.
- Clearly describe, assign and delegate responsibility and authority for the operation of the various food and beverage sub-departments, e.g. room service, restaurants, banquets, kitchens, steward, etc.
- Develop, implement and monitor schedules for the operation of all F&B outlets to achieve a profitable result.
- Participate with the chefs and restaurant managers in the creation of attractive and merchandising menus designed to attract a predetermined customer market.
- Implement effective control of food, beverage and labor costs among all sub-departments.
- Assist the managers in establishing and achieving predetermined profit objectives and desired standards of quality food, service, cleanliness, merchandising and promotion.
- Regularly review and evaluate the degree of customer acceptance of the individual outlets, to recommend new operating and marketing policies whenever declining or constant sales imply dissatisfaction by the customers, a material change in the make-up or the customer market, or a change in the competitive environment.
- Develop (with the aid of sub-department heads) operating tools necessary and incidental to modern management principles, e.g. budgeting, forecasting purchase specifications, recipes, portion specifications, menu abstracts, food production control, job descriptions, etc.
- Continuously evaluate the performance and encourage improvement of the personnel in the food and beverage department. Plan and administer a training and development program within the department which will provide well trained employees at all levels and permit advancement for those persons qualified and interested in career development.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.apply now