Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
The Company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week.
The Director of Food & Beverage directs all aspects of Food & Beverage operations including guest service, sales, accounting/budgeting, asset protection, inventory control and human resources. The Director of Food & Beverage directs all operations in alignment with the direction of the General Manager, Company, brand standards, and local, state and national regulations. Responsible for quality service, meeting/exceeding financial goals, short and long term planning and day-to-day operations. Recommends the Food & Beverage budget, marketing/business plans, capital expenditures and manages within approved plans and objectives.What you will be doing
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Guest Satisfaction – Direct and ensure Food & Beverage standards and procedures are followed. Direct Food & Beverage staff schedules to ensure adequate coverage while managing the department budget. Ensure timely response to guest needs. Resolve guest complaints as appropriate to maintain guest satisfaction. Regularly review service scores to identify areas needing improvement and implement appropriate changes. Ensure the Food & Beverage staff regularly adheres to all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting. Be knowledgeable on hotel facilities, services and the city to assist guests as appropriate.
- Human Resources – In conjunction with the Human resources department, direct recruiting, hiring, training, development and retention of a motivated and efficient Food & Beverage staff. Clearly communicate to associates the standards of performance and their role in contributing to individual and team success. Ensure all required training occurs including orientation, safety, fire, and blood-borne pathogen. Coach, counsel, resolve conflicts, discipline and terminate as appropriate through fair treatment and in compliance with Company policies and procedures. Conduct associate performance and salary reviews in a timely manner and in accordance with Company guidelines. Ensure all policies and procedures are followed. Insist on a work environment that is free from harassment. Promote the hotel as an employer of choice in the community.
- Sales/Profitability – Develop, recommend, implement and manage the Food & Beverage annual budget, business/marketing plan, and objectives to meet/exceed expectations. In conjunction with Sales, market Food & Beverage to meet/exceed sales and financial objectives. Investigate new and improved menus, food preparation, and service methods. Develop and direct implementation of menus, package deals, promotions, displays, decorations and presentations to capture more guests and a larger share of the local market. Ensure food and beverage costs are within budgeted guidelines. Review vendors and products to ensure procurement of top quality products at minimum prices. If necessary, develop action steps to correct any expense problems. Submit recommendations for changes and improvements to the General Manager.
- Life Safety/Risk Management – Assist the General Manager with hotel life safety. Direct and promote an accident prevention program to minimize liabilities and related expenses. Ensure appropriate Food & Beverage sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures are in place, followed and comply with policies, standards and regulations. Ensure the staff is proficient in sanitary, safety security and emergency procedures. Notify the General Manager of any potential liability and propose proper course of action to prevent the hotel from incurring any such liability. Make recommendations to the General Manager on additional safeguards as appropriate. Practice safe work habits.
- Asset Management - Walk the operations daily to identify issues and to speak with and listen to associates. Ensure associates are properly trained in cash handling procedures and credit card transactions. Ensure adequate controls are installed and maintained for the protection of the hotel’s financial assets against loss or misappropriation. Ensure preventative maintenance programs are in place to protect assets and maintenance related problems are reported to Engineering through proper channels. Inspect and evaluate the condition of the Food & Beverage areas, equipment and food and beverage inventories. Submit recommendations for changes and improvements to the General Manager. Work collaboratively with the Corporate Office to ensure Company assets are accurately tracked. Ensure associates are properly trained in the use and maintenance of Company assets.
- Leadership – Direct all facets of Food & Beverage services. Keep abreast of brand standards and the competition's products and strengths to continually improve revenues and profit margins while maintaining quality. Use business/management knowledge, applications in the industry, and experiences to provide leadership, both internally and externally, to assist the General Manager in positioning the hotel as a market leader. Be a coach with a positive attitude on a daily basis. Implement, manage and comply with Company policies, practices and programs. Ensure compliance with brand standards and local, state and national regulations. Ensure optimal levels of quality service and hospitality are provided to guests. Regular and timely attendance with high standards of personal behavior, appearance and grooming including wearing the proper nametag when working.
- Communication – Ensure all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations. Maintain a consistent professional and positive attitude when communicating with guests and associates. Maintain effective two-way communications that crosses departmental lines. Approach all encounters and actions with guests and associates in a friendly, service oriented manner. Conduct regularly scheduled meetings with Food & Beverage staff to provide organizational information and educate associates on changes and activities. Communicate Food & Beverage activities and plans with peers and superiors to obtain appropriate consultation, guidance and approval.
- Administration – Direct the compilation and analyze various corporate reports and property reports to provide management with accurate information and to comply with corporate policies and procedures as well as government laws and regulations. Complete all required and requested reporting in a timely and accurate manner. Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested. As requested, assist the General Manager with the preparation of the annual hotel budget and forecasts.
The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
- High school education plus a degree in culinary arts, hotel/restaurant management or related major.
- Five or more years of related experience.
- Alcohol awareness certification and familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
- Asubstantial and successful track record in profitable food & beverage management while maintaining integrity and professional bearing.
- Possess knowledge of accounting and budgeting along with the ability to compile facts/figures and analyze information that involves data manipulation or interpretation to arrive at logical conclusion