Director of Food & Beverage
About Stonebridge Companies
Our core values are what drive our Company. We strive to create a respectable, stable and enjoyable workplace, to conduct our business with integrity, to recognize and celebrate our innovative associates, to uphold quality standards, to strive for enriched service and to support the communities in our backyards. Our mission is to consistently refer to the four components of our Mission Statement for guidance during both good and turbulent times. Stonebridge Companies' vision is to be recognized as a highly respected industry leader in hotel development and a top operator of hotel assets.
Stonebridge Companies is interested in attracting and investing in talented, dedicated and highly motivated associates who want to join a progressive organization that believes their associates are their greatest asset. We believe that what lies at the heart of a great company is a place where associates are respected. We believe that when a culture of respect is paramount, associates will in turn treat our guests to the highest level of respect they can deliver. Our current and future success is based on our ability to predict associates needs, recognize their talent, cultivate and nurture those skills. What inspires our associates to want to come to work every day is the opportunity to learn and partner with inspired leaders who are active listeners that care about them.
* Are you looking for an exciting, rewarding and progressive career in hospitality?
* Are you outgoing, adventuresome and consider yourself a people person?
* Do you enjoy making people smile and going out of your way to make them happy?
* Would you like to be a part of a successful team, motivating each other to reach far beyond our goals to grow into industry leaders?
* Are you nodding your head and thinking YES, THIS IS ME?
Then submit your application to be considered for this fantastic opportunity!
Holiday Inn, DIA is a full-service hotel located near Denver International Airport.
The purpose of the DIRECTOR OF FOOD AND BEVERAGE is to plan, direct, and coordinate activities of the departments that serve food and beverages.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Monitor compliance with health and fire regulations regarding food preparation and serving, and building maintenance in lodging and dining facilities.
* Monitor food preparation methods, portion sizes, and garnishing and presentation of food to ensure that food is prepared and presented in an acceptable manner.
* Investigate and resolve complaints regarding food quality, service, or accommodations.
* Coordinate assignments of cooking personnel to ensure economical use of food and timely preparation.
* Schedule and receive food and beverage deliveries, checking delivery contents to verify product quality and quantity.
* Monitor budgets and payroll records, and review financial transactions to ensure that expenditures are authorized and budgeted.
* Maintain food and equipment inventories, and keep inventory records.
* Schedule staff hours and assign duties.
* Establish standards for personnel performance and customer service.
* Maintains regular attendance and is consistently on time.
* Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
* Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
DESIRED COMPETENCIES, WORK SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies. Other competencies not listed may be required for specific positions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Associate demonstrates ORGANIZATIONAL SUPPORT
* Observes and adheres to safety and security procedures, promoting a safe work environment.
* Ensures new hires complete new hire orientation.
* Conducts and participates in required training.
* Completes departmental performance evaluation timely.
Associate demonstrates INITIATIVE
* Seeks out new assignments and assumes additional duties when necessary.
* Identifies areas that would improve the operation and generates suggestions.
* Able to reach effective solutions, poses good questions, consults helpful resources, and does not stop at the first answer he/she comes across.
Associate demonstrates exemplary DEPENDABILITY / RELIABILITY
* Can be relied upon regarding task completion and follow up.
* Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
Associate demonstrates ACCOUNTABILITY for their job performance
* Takes ownership of all work performed and communicated.
* Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
* Performs work with little or no supervision; works independently.
Associate demonstrates acceptable PRODUCTIVITY standards
* Organizes resources, performs tasks, and coordinates with other functions to most effectively and efficiently perform work responsibilities and accomplish objectives on a timely basis.
* Assists department in exceeding productivity standards.
* Assists staff in achieving their personal productivity expectations.
Associate demonstrates effective PROBLEM SOLVING
* Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, using intuition and experience to complement data.
* Develops alternative solutions.
* Works well in group problem solving situations.
* Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Associate demonstrates WORKPLACE RESPECT to all associates
* Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy and promotes a harassment-free environment.
* Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
* Able to build morale and group commitments to achieve goals and objectives.
Associate demonstrates effective ORAL /WRITTEN COMMUNICATION
* Practices attentive and active listening with all employees.
* Listens without interruption and gets clarification.
* Actively participates in meetings, contributing ideas to improve the company.
Associate demonstrates excellent CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS
* Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
* Manages difficult or emotional customer situations.
* Personally demonstrates a commitment to customer service by anticipating and responding promptly to guest needs.
* Department staff are regularly informed of goals and current service scores.
Associate demonstrates effective FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT skills
* Monitors and controls labor costs.
* Seeks approval for overtime, if required.
Associate effectively MANAGES PEOPLE
* Provides regular performance feedback and proactively addresses performance concerns of staff.
* Delegates work assignments.
* Develops staff so that successful customer service scores are achieved.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Master's degree (M. A.) or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
* Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
* Ability to interpret and perform basic computer functions. Knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel.
* Must be TIPS and SERV SAFE certified.
* Position has supervisory responsibilities. Position is responsible for hiring, training and managing the performance of food and beverage staff, supervisors and managers.
The work environment normally entails the following:
* Indoor work environment
* Exposure to cleaning chemicals throughout the day
* Minimal to moderate noise levels consistent with hotel environment
The physical activity normally entails the follo.