Director of Food & Beverage
Casa Monica Resort & Spa
Location: US - FL - St. Augustine
The Food and Beverage Director is responsible for coordinating, supervising and directing all property food and beverage operations while maintaining a profitable F&B department and high quality products and service levels. The F&B Director is expected to market creative ideas to promote business; reduce employee turnover; maintain revenue and payroll budgets and meet budgeted productivity while keeping quality consistent with 4-Diamond standards.
Essential Duties / Tasks / Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
20% Guest Service
- Practice and model the GUEST process to ensure exceptional guest service is delivered
- Resolve guest problems expediently and in a professional manner utilizing the LEADER process
- Maintains food and beverage ambiance and service by instilling a “guest service” and “can do” attitude among staff; coaching employees how to de-escalate conflicts
- Identifies current and future customer service requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand guest service requirements.
- Maintains guest satisfaction by investigating and resolving complaints about food and beverage quality and/or service.
5% Grand Performer Relations
- Oversee the training of all F&B Grand Performers
- Motivate Grand Performers
- Recruit, interview, train, coach, counsel and provide feedback to Grand Performers
- Monitor and control payroll and other expenses
- Create and adhere to F&B budgets
- Create schedule utilizing forecasting and scheduling tools to provide maximum efficiency and labor savings
- Directs food and beverage services organizational strategies by contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to functional strategic thinking and direction.
- Analyzes trends, prepares critical measurements, develops the F&B business plan; addresses customers, profits, associates and markets with the hotel management team; implements production, productivity, quality and guest-service strategies, designs systems solves problems; implements change
- Implements food and beverage financial strategies by anticipating requirements, trends and variances; develops budgets and capital expenditure plans; develops action plans, measures and analyzes results, initiates corrective actions, minimizing the impact of variances
- Approves menus by consulting with executive chef, beverage manager, room service manager and banquet managers; reviews potential F&B menus; evaluates popularity of past menu options and availability of seasonal food ingredients and wines; anticipates food and beverage consumption and estimates cost of ingredients; minimizing waste; approving orders with suppliers; monitors the evaluation of the quality of product
- Controls F&B supplies by meeting with sales representatives; negotiating prices and contracts; developing preferred supplier lists; reviewing and evaluating usage reports; analyzing variances; taking corrective actions.
- Keeps F&B equipment operating by enforcing adherence to operating instructions
- Maintains safe, secure, legal and healthy work environment by establishing, following and enforcing sanitation and quality of food and beverage preparation and service standards and procedures; monitors conformance to the regulations of the alcoholic beverage commission; enforcing sanitation and legal regulations of all kitchens, bars and service areas.
- Develop and maintain open lines of communication within the department and with other departments within the hotel
- Hold monthly departmental meetings
- Conduct daily line-up to review daily events
- Attend daily manager line-up meetings
- Attend weekly Leadership meeting
- Participate in Grand Performer Celebrations
- Participate in community event
Experience / Education / Certifications:
- 6 years of progressive experience in hospitality or a related field OR a 4 year college degree & at least 3 years of related experience
- Minimum of 4 years in a manager or supervisory role in hospitality or restaurant
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA’s)
Speak, hear, understand, read and write the English language
Strong customer service aptitude
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Well-developed leadership skills
Ability to implement and uphold service standards
Ability to lead and direct performance of all F&B associates
Effectively motivate associates and maintain a cohesive team
Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments
Ability to interact with all associates and guest
Ability to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations
Ability to work with and understand financial information, data and basic arithmetic functions
Kessler Grand Performer Attributes
G.U.E.S.T. Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment; builds a diverse workforce.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
May be standing for extended periods of time
- Desk work
- Computer/keyboard usage
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit, stoop, bend, crouch, push, pull, and lift up to 50lbs, reach with hands and arms.
The Kessler Collection is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity employer. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit the website - http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf