Director of Food & Beverage
Mansion on Forsyth Park
Location: US - GA - Savannah
The Food and Beverage Director is responsible for coordinating, supervising and directing all property food and beverage operations while maintaining a profitable F&B department and high quality products and service levels. The F&B Director is expected to market creative ideas to promote business; reduce turnover; maintain revenue and payroll budgets and meet budgeted productivity while keeping quality consistent with 4-Diamond standards.
- Outlet Manager
- Banquet Captain
- Café Manager
- Cooking School Chef
Essential Duties / Tasks / Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
20% Guest Service
- Practice and model the GUEST process to ensure exceptional guest service is delivered
- Resolve guest problems expediently and in a professional manner utilizing the LEADER process
- Maintains food and beverage ambiance and service by instilling a “guest service” and “can do” attitude among staff; coaching employees how to de-escalate conflicts
- Identifies current and future customer service requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand guest service requirements.
- Maintains guest satisfaction by investigating and resolving complaints about food and beverage quality and/or service.
5% Grand Performer Relations
- Oversee the training of all F&B Grand Performers
- Motivate Grand Performers
- Recruit, interview, train, coach, counsel and provide feedback to Grand Performers
- Monitor and control payroll and other expenses
- Create and adhere to F&B budgets
- Create schedule utilizing forecasting and scheduling tools to provide maximum efficiency and labor savings
- Directs food and beverage services organizational strategies by contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to functional strategic thinking and direction.
- Analyzes trends, prepares critical measurements, develops the F&B business plan; addresses customers, profits, associates and markets with the hotel management team; implements production, productivity, quality and guest-service strategies, designs systems solves problems; implements change
- Implements food and beverage financial strategies by anticipating requirements, trends and variances; develops budgets and capital expenditure plans; develops action plans, measures and analyzes results, initiates corrective actions, minimizing the impact of variances
- Approves menus by consulting with executive chef, beverage manager, room service manager and banquet managers; reviews potential F&B menus; evaluates popularity of past menu options and availability of seasonal food ingredients and wines; anticipates food and beverage consumption and estimates cost of ingredients; minimizing waste; approving orders with suppliers; monitors the evaluation of the quality of product
- Controls F&B supplies by meeting with sales representatives; negotiating prices and contracts; developing preferred supplier lists; reviewing and evaluating usage reports; analyzing variances; taking corrective actions.
- Keeps F&B equipment operating by enforcing adherence to operating instructions
- Maintains safe, secure, legal and healthy work environment by establishing, following and enforcing sanitation and quality of food and beverage preparation and service standards and procedures; monitors conformance to the regulations of the alcoholic beverage commission; enforcing sanitation and legal regulations of all kitchens, bars and service areas.
- Develop and maintain open lines of communication within the department and with other departments within the hotel
- Hold monthly departmental meetings
- Conduct daily line-up to review daily events
- Attend daily manager line-up meetings
- Attend weekly Leadership meeting
- Participate in Grand Performer Celebrations
- Participate in community events
Experience / Education / Certifications:
- 6 years of progressive experience in hospitality or a related field OR a 4 year college degree & at least 3 years of related experience
- Minimum of 4 years in a manager or supervisory role in hospitality or restaurant